• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scratchy picture

This topic is 5149 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

as a follow up to my earlier posts i am now using the nehe basecode. i am testing the setup with a single quad right in front of the camera. when i run the program all i see is a faint, vertical, white scratching. it looks like the pause effect on a VCR but vertical. getting a picture yet? does anyone have an idea what could be going on? im using a ati9600xt, amd2000XP, xp pro, 512mb pc3200, vc++6 thanks

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
Maybe you didn''t translate back into the scene any before you drew your quad polygon & its messing with the near clipping plane. In other words...

glTranslatef(0.0f,0.0f,SomeNumber); //maybe SomeNumber = -5.0f
//DRAW POLY HERE

If this seems stupid to you, then ignore this post, but I have done some VERY stupid things in my time

i tried the translate thing several times in every direction but i get nothing. it was useless on my part because a have a way to move anywhere in the scene. i have tried both windowed and fullscreen mode and i still get those odd lines. its not an old monitor. although to be safe i tried it on my other monitor.

is it possible that there is something wrong with the pixel description or something dealing with making windows and opengl get along (ie initializing)?

O...M...G... im i found the problem. it was a id10t error. i left out glLoadIdentity()!!! just like those pesky semicolons. thanks anyway guys and girls
-adam

• Advertisement