• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pemjahat

i need a feeback for my game

This topic is 5238 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi guys, i need a feedback for my game, using direct draw, direct input and vsc++. My game is not completed yet.....i''m so sorry, i really need a feedback. Thanks before [url]http://bluejack.binus.ac.id/~rr/game/Final.rar[/url]

Advertisement
yay! bomberman!!!

it's working fine, but it's too damn fast! try lock the framerate to 60 fps.

It's a very good start. The basics of the game is working, colision detection, movement, bombs, then it needs some eye candy and more powerups, ect... Also, it would work better in my opinion if the levels are presets, and not random. But I guess, this was done like that for testing. Maybe even provide a simple editor.

Athlon 1700+
radeon 9700
512 ddr ram
win2k

[edited by - oliii on January 14, 2004 4:50:02 AM]

hi olii, thanks for your feedback,
i think i''m still noob, i really don''t know how to lock the framerate to 60 fps, do you have any idea how to handle that...
Thanks before....

oh i''m sorry i forgot to disable my mouse....hehehe
Thanks to all.........
i want to ask about the game music, should i use direct sound or direct music, which one is better ??
Can i mix 2 music or more to play together???
Thanks before

Never used direct music, but if it''s there, it''s for a reason I''d probably give it a try. for locking the frame rate to 60 fps, you can to enable vsync (although it could be something different than 60hz, like 75 or 85hz, depending on your video settings), you can use a timer, even a windows timer, or you can do some framerate independent updates (passing the time elapsed to the object since the last time it got moved). Which ever is simpler for you. I''d probably do the frame rate independent thing, it''s more flexible (you can do smooth slow motion, you can base it on real physics).

i have read fps tutorial, but i got deadlock.
My game is checked position by it''s pixel, ex : the brick is 40 * 40 pixel, if bomberman move left than the pixel is substract by 10 pixel, so the position now is (30, 40). The problem is when i use frame per second, my checking pixels is not valid anymore , because pixel is added not 10 pixel but 2 or 4 pixel, what i must to do ????
Thanks for help

quote:
Original post by pemjahat
i have read fps tutorial, but i got deadlock.
My game is checked position by it''s pixel, ex : the brick is 40 * 40 pixel, if bomberman move left than the pixel is substract by 10 pixel, so the position now is (30, 40). The problem is when i use frame per second, my checking pixels is not valid anymore , because pixel is added not 10 pixel but 2 or 4 pixel, what i must to do ????
Thanks for help

not sure I understand, and how you do collision detection. but For a bomberman game, I''d use a grid to place blocks, and map the bomberman on the grid, checking surrounding blocks. So if my screen is 640 x 480, and my block is 32x32 pixels, I''d have an array of blocks of size [20][15].

then I''d put the bomberman on the grid (by dividing his position x by 32, and y by 32), and check the surrounding blocks to decide if I allow movement or not.

That way, if he moves by 2, 4, 5, 6 10 pixels, it does not matter.

as for bmp files, I''m not sure I understand the question. do you mean, you want to have a standalone dll library to load/save bmp files?

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!