More... interactive? GUIs?

Started by
2 comments, last by GeekPlusPlus 20 years, 3 months ago
Hello, I''m just moving from the win GDI to directX, and I was wondering if anyone has some good 2D NON flipping (I''d prefer to blit since I don''t want to always be in full screen) tutorials for DirectX9. I''m having some troubles finding some. Also, I was wondering how you would go about doing an input field, <input type="text" size="10" maxlength="255"> if c++ was HTML, in a custom GUI? Would you draw the cursor flashing when the mouse clicks in the drawn box, and just blit the text as it''s typed? Just wondering if there is an more popular way? Hope you can help! - Newb Programmer: Geek++
- Newb Programmer: Geek++
Advertisement
If you plan on using DirectX, you are obviously using windows. That means you can use Win32 widgets on top of your DX surface and if you would like to have them ''skinned'' to your liking, you can set a flag to have them draw themselves. This means your child widgets need to do something with the WM_PAINT message.

Alternatively, you could use .Net (which I have never used). Presumably you could subclass the text input class and overload the draw method(s).
Ahh I see.

Alright. I''ll look up these windows widgets.

Hopeflly someone knows of a good 2D tutorial using DirectX9 with blitting in a window mode and not full screen.

Direct3D 9 is the same in both a window and fullscreen. You draw like normal and use IDirect3DDevice9:resent to put the image on the screen.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement