lost source code

Started by
9 comments, last by SelethD 20 years, 3 months ago
This is an odd situation im in. I bought the book Programming RPGs with DirectX, and I put the source code on my HardDrive. However while experimenting with networking, I screwed up the source code on the chapter 20 tower demo. Not all the code, but the files called WinMain.cpp and WinMain.h. ok so I get my cd to reinstall it, and guess what! my cd is completely split in two. I tried to tape it together, and glue it, but it still wont work. So does anyone know how to get those two files?
Advertisement
Contact the publisher?
Stay Casual,KenDrunken Hyena
quote:I tried to tape it together, and glue it, but it still wont work
I''m on my knees praying that this is a joke.

You can get a replacement CD through Premier Press
http://home.att.net/~rpgbook/fixes.htm
Thanks for the great solutions.

And no, its no joke, its called desperation.

Thanks again everyone.
You tried to tape your CD back together?
the winmain does not contain much code, as the "game engine" described in the book is pretty modular.

Stardard windows creation, and an instance of wrappers...

pretty straightforward.
Really the only part that im having trouble with, that I needed in the source code, is the part where the server places incoming messages a stack like queue.

The book doesnt show how to set up the queue, just explaines it, and says refer to source code.

Its mainly the part that would be in the cApp::Init() function.
But ill either contackt publisher, or figure it out on my own, either way, I will conquer.

And yes I tried tape, because it was such a straight clean break. Looked like a laser or somthing had sliced it perfectly in half. I was hoping to at least salvage the source code for chap 20 off of it, so it was worth a shot.

Glue was a bad idea, got messy and took the coating off the top of the cd, so I dont recomend that idea
What files do you need, specifically? I can send them to you (unless a moderator objects, I'm pretty sure it isn't legal ).

[edited by - Raloth on January 14, 2004 10:52:07 PM]
____________________________________________________________AAAAA: American Association Against Adobe AcrobatYou know you hate PDFs...
I just need whatever source and header files are in the source code under chapter 20, the tower. I dont need any of the game_core or graphics_core files, nor do i need any of the data for the tower demo, just the game related source and headers

if would list them, but like I said, i really messed up my copy

Thanks, for you help, i can get back on track for a clone of Trade Wars that im making. An update to the old BBS classic.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement