Unnatural blending problem

Started by
0 comments, last by AvengerDr 20 years, 3 months ago
Hello there! I''m having a serious problem: I''m developing a tool which will be used for Association Rules visualization using JOGL. There are some nodes which are linked to other nodes (representing rules). Each node is made of up of several items. This is an example rule: (A,B,C) -> (D,E,F) Node (ABC) is linked to Node (DEF). Each node is rendered as a sphere. Each node is made up of several items (A,B and C...). So inside the bigger sphere I have to render another sphere for each of the items making up the node. So I draw all the opaque solids (the edges) before drawing the transparent nodes (The user can activate transparency. If it''s not activated blending is not enabled and the node sphere is rendered as a solid and no item spheres are rendered). On my machine everything works fine. The problem is that on my professor''s machine it does not work (this is the thesis for my first level degree in CS) !! The transparent nodes are rendered but no solid items (the smaller spheres within the sphere) are rendered! How is this possible? This is the sequence of commands that I use to draw the objects:

for (int i=0; i < universe.getNodesN(); i++) {
      Node n = universe.getNode(i);
// if node is in frustum

if (n.isVisible()) {
// if trasparency is not activated

if (!opaque) {
          gl.glEnable(GL.GL_BLEND);
          gl.glDepthMask(false);
          n.draw(gl, glu);
          gl.glDepthMask(true);
          gl.glDisable(GL.GL_BLEND);
        }
      else {
        n.draw(gl,glu);
      }
     }
    }
How is this possible? he has an Intel 82852 integrated card. I''m using a ATI 9800 PRO (but I tested it on an integraated GeForce2 and it works fine). I tried to enable/disable blending, depth masking, even depth testing.. But no inside spheres are rendered (while I see them) Any ideas?
--Avengers UTD Chronicles - My game development blog
Advertisement
We finally identified the problem: it had nothing to do with blending. It concerned a call to a display list! On his computer it didn''t render nothing.. The mysteries of computer science...
--Avengers UTD Chronicles - My game development blog

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement