• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Link

what do i wrong

This topic is 5419 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

error got: Referment at an object not imposted on a object instance i use a pointer at a class file1.h private: myClass *Bye; .... Some_function(){ myOther myForm = new myOther(); myOther->setPointer( Bye; ); } file myOther.h private: myClass *Bye2; public: void setPointer(myClass *Bye2temp){ Bye2 = Bye2temp; } public: myClass getPointer(){ return Bye2; } public: void AnotherFunction(){ this->getPointer()->itsFunction(); // ERROR }

Advertisement
Sorry but why must i include that file?
What does it mean?

must i allocate memory or what?

[edited by - Link on January 14, 2004 12:14:11 PM]

quote:
Original post by Link
What does it mean?
Read this.

Might I also suggest learning the language before trying to use it, or people here will tire rapidly of you. That, or at least post in the For Beginners forum.

quote:
Original post by Oluseyi
quote:
Original post by Link
What does it mean?
Read this.

Might I also suggest learning the language before trying to use it, or people here will tire rapidly of you. That, or at least post in the For Beginners forum.

that source is a good one, but please let's read what is posted before to talk!
Are you sure that these pages are pertinent with my question?
Are you sure i've really need to learn the language?
Now think.

[edited by - Link on January 14, 2004 12:59:42 PM]

You don''t know how #include works. In other posts you didn''t know how #define worked.

Yes, you really need to learn how to use the language.

Yes, that page seems to be pertinent to your question. Yes, your grasp of the language is such that trying to figure out what you''re actually trying to say can be rather irritating.

The code you posted, however, is so incredibly bad that it makes it even more difficult to see what''s going on. Hint: Posting "example" code is usually a bad idea. Instead, post the actual code, the bits of it that are relevant.

"Sneftel is correct, if rather vulgar." --Flarelocke

No offence but: If you ask where the BIOS password is, you should learn much about how a computer works, left alone how to program...

"C lets you shoot yourself in the foot rather easily. C++ allows you to reuse the bullet!"

It is so pathetic your attendance to defend a moderator.
Anyway #define is so different from #include, understanding include is necessary to start to program in c++, instead #define is a thing that could be flyed over at the first time.
All my C++ books hold on #define mush little so there all my doubts.
The Bios is an anspect much little handled, so if you know all about it i''m sorry if you are not the future Bill Gates!

in that code in myOther.h i declare none File1 object so i don''t need to include file1.h at all.

Now, i repeat, think!

You may know how to write an #include statement, but you don''t know how one works. That''s obvious from your other posts.

And knowing how a #define works is an integral part of programming Windows applications. The toy programs done in most C++ programming books happen to live in a clean environment not cluttered by a decade or so of backwards compatible C code.

Quite frankly, the code fragment you gave is broken in so many different places it''s hard to isolate the flaw. The most likely cause is a missing include. It could be because you''re trying to use a value as a pointer. I have no clue, because that code is in nowhere near a compilable state.

Have you given any thought to trying to find a programming site with other Italians? I''m assuming that you''re using a localized version of MSVC .NET and that you''re attempting to translate the error codes that you get into English. Someone who actually can see the same errors as you do might be more suitable to helping you.

At the very least try giving the error numbers.

This topic is 5419 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.