DirectX problem.

Started by
2 comments, last by mrmrcoleman 20 years, 3 months ago
Hello...again.. I get the following error when trying to compile DirectShow: Compiling... CTextureRenderer.cpp Linking... LIBCMTD.lib(wincrt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _WinMain@16 Debug_Unicode/Texture3D9.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals Error executing link.exe. Texture3D9.exe - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s) This is an improvment on the previous situation when I had another linker error but I managed to fix that one. Has anybody seen this error before? It must be a header or lib that isnt being included... Thanks in advance. Mark Coleman
Advertisement
You *probably* accidentally selected a console project instead of a Win32 project. OR you have a main() instead of WinMain.

Ive done this before.

If that isnt your problem, then what are you including/ importing?

[edited by - Mulligan on January 14, 2004 12:30:22 PM]
I have seen this before.... It means that your WinMain Function is missing. All Win32 Console or Win32 Applications need WinMain as a starting point just like your "int main()" function in C and C++. There is no Header or Library file missing. Just define the said function in your main CPP file.If you want some more info, try refering MSDN library.

By the way,out of interest, how were you thinking of running your program without specifying a start point?

[edited by - iron_monkey on January 14, 2004 12:32:43 PM]
Ha ha, of course...!

Thanks for the tip, I indeed do not have a winmain()...

My apologies, I have been doing a lot of Java recently which will quite happily let you compile classes without a main entry point.

Someone get that man a beer.

Thank you so much, you have ended 3 days of frustration!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement