Grrr I don't WANT to make my own GUI stuff!

Started by
1 comment, last by GeekPlusPlus 20 years, 3 months ago
ugh, I''m working on a gui which will have quite a few buttons and text boxes and a stuff like that, and I plan to be using DirectX 2D graphics for this game. It''s going to be in a window (I really don''t like small games that go full screen). So I want to just drop some buttons onto my DirectX window a long with a few text fields with submits. I''ve been looking around, and I''ve already asked something similar and I''ve just seen links to that making a GUI in DirectX. But he makes EVERYTHIGN and it''s for full screen. I jst want to know how to place a Text Box and Place a Button with instructions from the win32. I''ve tried looking in the MSDN but I can''t get throgh all the VB forms stuff (I''m using C++ 6.0). Hope someone can help. *tearing out hair* - Newb Programmer: Geek++
- Newb Programmer: Geek++
Advertisement
Just look around for some Win32 tutorials. If not, why not get Programming Windows by Charles Petzold? It''s a great book.

R.I.P. Mark Osback
Solo Pa Mi Gente
VG-Force
quote:Original post by GeekPlusPlus
ugh,

I''m working on a gui which will have quite a few buttons and text boxes and a stuff like that, and I plan to be using DirectX 2D graphics for this game. It''s going to be in a window (I really don''t like small games that go full screen).

So I want to just drop some buttons onto my DirectX window a long with a few text fields with submits.

I''ve been looking around, and I''ve already asked something similar and I''ve just seen links to that making a GUI in DirectX. But he makes EVERYTHIGN and it''s for full screen. I jst want to know how to place a Text Box and Place a Button with instructions from the win32. I''ve tried looking in the MSDN but I can''t get throgh all the VB forms stuff (I''m using C++ 6.0).

Hope someone can help.

*tearing out hair*

- Newb Programmer: Geek++

theForger''s Win32 API Tutorial
Patrick

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement