• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GeekPlusPlus

Grrr I don't WANT to make my own GUI stuff!

This topic is 5330 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

ugh, I''m working on a gui which will have quite a few buttons and text boxes and a stuff like that, and I plan to be using DirectX 2D graphics for this game. It''s going to be in a window (I really don''t like small games that go full screen). So I want to just drop some buttons onto my DirectX window a long with a few text fields with submits. I''ve been looking around, and I''ve already asked something similar and I''ve just seen links to that making a GUI in DirectX. But he makes EVERYTHIGN and it''s for full screen. I jst want to know how to place a Text Box and Place a Button with instructions from the win32. I''ve tried looking in the MSDN but I can''t get throgh all the VB forms stuff (I''m using C++ 6.0). Hope someone can help. *tearing out hair* - Newb Programmer: Geek++

Advertisement
Just look around for some Win32 tutorials. If not, why not get Programming Windows by Charles Petzold? It''s a great book.

R.I.P. Mark Osback
Solo Pa Mi Gente
VG-Force

quote:
Original post by GeekPlusPlus
ugh,

I''m working on a gui which will have quite a few buttons and text boxes and a stuff like that, and I plan to be using DirectX 2D graphics for this game. It''s going to be in a window (I really don''t like small games that go full screen).

So I want to just drop some buttons onto my DirectX window a long with a few text fields with submits.

I''ve been looking around, and I''ve already asked something similar and I''ve just seen links to that making a GUI in DirectX. But he makes EVERYTHIGN and it''s for full screen. I jst want to know how to place a Text Box and Place a Button with instructions from the win32. I''ve tried looking in the MSDN but I can''t get throgh all the VB forms stuff (I''m using C++ 6.0).

Hope someone can help.

*tearing out hair*

- Newb Programmer: Geek++

theForger''s Win32 API Tutorial

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!