• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wine for Linux

This topic is 5242 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I downloaded wine for Redhat 9.0. It works, but for some reason i dont think im running it right. When i try to use steam I get to the screen that you sugn in on and i type my email and password and press the login button, then it takes like 10min. just sitting there not changing so i have to quit it. Does anyone know whats going on? Should i just wait longer? ______________________________________________________________ "It takes all kinds." -Adam Carolla

Advertisement
one more questoin for all you intelligent people, if i have dual ethernet ports on my mobo, how do i bridge them so that i can connect another comp into one to get the internet to it?

"It takes all kinds." -Adam Carolla

quote:
Original post by mink_trapper
I downloaded wine for Redhat 9.0. It works, but for some reason i dont think im running it right. When i try to use steam I get to the screen that you sugn in on and i type my email and password and press the login button, then it takes like 10min. just sitting there not changing so i have to quit it. Does anyone know whats going on? Should i just wait longer?

WINE/WineX (whichever you're using, each supports certain things better than the other) probably doesn't support something that the program is trying to do, has a bug, or the program is doing something only half correctly. Edit: yeah, listen to Sneftel on that one; I'm too lazy sometimes .
quote:
Original post by mink_trapper
one more questoin for all you intelligent people, if i have dual ethernet ports on my mobo, how do i bridge them so that i can connect another comp into one to get the internet to it?

It's called IP Masquerading. There's probably a GUI tool to do it for you in Red Hat, but if nothing else this can tell you how to do it by hand.

[edited by - Null and Void on January 14, 2004 8:36:20 PM]

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!