Wine for Linux

Started by
3 comments, last by mink_trapper 20 years, 3 months ago
I downloaded wine for Redhat 9.0. It works, but for some reason i dont think im running it right. When i try to use steam I get to the screen that you sugn in on and i type my email and password and press the login button, then it takes like 10min. just sitting there not changing so i have to quit it. Does anyone know whats going on? Should i just wait longer? ______________________________________________________________ "It takes all kinds." -Adam Carolla
______________________________________________________________"It takes all kinds." -Adam CarollaMy Site
Advertisement
has anyone actually gotten steam to work in wine?
one more questoin for all you intelligent people, if i have dual ethernet ports on my mobo, how do i bridge them so that i can connect another comp into one to get the internet to it?

"It takes all kinds." -Adam Carolla
______________________________________________________________"It takes all kinds." -Adam CarollaMy Site
You''re welcome

"Sneftel is correct, if rather vulgar." --Flarelocke
quote:Original post by mink_trapper
I downloaded wine for Redhat 9.0. It works, but for some reason i dont think im running it right. When i try to use steam I get to the screen that you sugn in on and i type my email and password and press the login button, then it takes like 10min. just sitting there not changing so i have to quit it. Does anyone know whats going on? Should i just wait longer?

WINE/WineX (whichever you're using, each supports certain things better than the other) probably doesn't support something that the program is trying to do, has a bug, or the program is doing something only half correctly. Edit: yeah, listen to Sneftel on that one; I'm too lazy sometimes .
quote:Original post by mink_trapper
one more questoin for all you intelligent people, if i have dual ethernet ports on my mobo, how do i bridge them so that i can connect another comp into one to get the internet to it?

It's called IP Masquerading. There's probably a GUI tool to do it for you in Red Hat, but if nothing else this can tell you how to do it by hand.

[edited by - Null and Void on January 14, 2004 8:36:20 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement