• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

getting started in OSX

This topic is 5238 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I tried to follow the tutorial here: http://nehe.gamedev.net/data/lessons/lesson.asp?lesson=MacOSX But I get the error "Undefined symbols: _DrawGLScene _InitGL _ResizeGLScene" It seems this is a fairly common problem (judging from a quick google), but I have yet to find a solution. I also tried just downloading the project builder file for the first lesson, but it used several separate classes and changed a lot, and as I am just getting started with OpenGL, I was hoping to start with the very simplest possible program.

Advertisement
You might want to try the Cocoa basecode ( on the left of the main page ).

Although it''s in cocoa, it''s made so that your openGL code is actually in C++ ( not necessara;y objective-C ). Give it a try, it''s a much more recent example than the tutorials ( and a more solid approach ).

just make a new pBuilder project, include the openGL framework, and import the files. It might just work... ( not sure about the nib file, but the rest should work ).

try it and see.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!