MMORPGS: Story ideas? Christian Elements?

Started by
152 comments, last by GottaBeKD 19 years, 10 months ago
If you''ve ever played Final Fantasy Tactics, the original for playstation. They have a religious war. or at least they kill alot of religious people, either way you should check it out to understand what i mean
Advertisement
*is a Christian*
you could do like, a symbolizm thing....like, have a Christ-type figure and all... most of the time that stuff gets cheezy and predictable, though....but if you do something CS Lewis like and throw a cool type of backdrop and stuff...

This might work for an MMORPG:

You can have a group of Christians and a group of non-Christians, and basically the Christians try to help the needy, establish a Church, etc., while the Non-Christians try to stop them from doing that, turn the Gov''t against the Christians, kill Christians, that sorta thing.

Of course, if you allow non-Christians to kill Christians, then you have to do it visa versa to be fair, and then you have open PvP...and that ALWAYS, ALWAYS leads to greifing.

And then there are the anti-religous punks who buy your game just to burn Christians....so thats not good.

I suggest making the game have Christian elements without being blatant about it...like LOTR does. (Yes, i know LOTR wasn''t written as a Christian thing...but Tolken said that it would be possible to find nuggets (for lack of a better word) of stuff in there. Tolken was a Christian, BTW.)

This could be hard to make into an MMORPG, though.
Programmers of the world, UNTIE!
quote:Original post by MattS423
while the Non-Christians try to stop them from doing that, turn the Gov''t against the Christians, kill Christians, that sorta thing.

yah, because non-christians are all about trying to ruin the perfect world the christians are trying to create
quote:I suggest making the game have Christian elements without being blatant about it...like LOTR does. (Yes, i know LOTR wasn''t written as a Christian thing...but Tolken said that it would be possible to find nuggets (for lack of a better word) of stuff in there. Tolken was a Christian, BTW.)

you can find "nuggets" in anything if you look hard enough. tolkien specifically stated that he was trying to create a mythology that was not christian, but limited it so as not to piss off the christians.
--- krez ([email="krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net"]krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net[/email])
quote:Original post by Nekhmet

Well, it''s not a computer game, but "Ars Magica" is a roleplaying game that deals with christian elements in a very convincing way. The game is set at 1200 AD, the catholic church is both a negative force (eg, the crusades, the persecution of pagans) and a positive force (charity, etc) in the game.

I looked at Ars Magica... it''s still filled with magic (a major prohibition in the Bible [i.e. "you shall not suffer a witch to live", unless you imit it to those with demonic powers. I''ve been trying to figure out a way to demagic ars magica... and it was a more difficult task then i had hoped it would be.

Sign me
Jear

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement