Talks with AI

Started by
5 comments, last by Nail 23 years, 8 months ago
Hi. What do u think about talking with ai (i mean policeman in Half-Life, etc). Don''t u think that their answers are too equal & monotonous? What can be done except no cantacts with AI at all? Nail [Nail Studio]
Nail [Nail Studio]
Advertisement
There are many attempts on the net to develop chatterbots and some of them work very nice. I suggest you check out some sites to see how they work.

Language is very difficult to handle for a computer. We use so many rules in language. Some things like jokes and word games even use the ambiguity in languages, making it almost impossible for a computer to always understand what is said.

Most of the present day games parse a string you type, check for words or combinations of words they recognize and remply with a sentence that matches these words best.

I don''t think Half-Life and FPS''s are the kind of games to implement an elaborate question-response system. RPG''s are far more interesting if you could actually talk to NPC''s.

Stefan Baert

On the day we create intelligence and consciousness, mankind becomes God.
On the day we create intelligence and consciousness, mankind becomes obsolete...
******************************StrategicAllianceOn the day we create intelligence and consciousness, mankind becomes God.On the day we create intelligence and consciousness, mankind becomes obsolete...******************************
It''s an issue i''ve been struggling with a lot lately. Introducing Artificial Intuition. There''s something workable there but i just can''t nail it.

I love Game Design and it loves me back.

Our Goal is "Fun"!
quote:Original post by StrategicAlliance
On the day we create intelligence and consciousness, mankind becomes obsolete...

On the day God created an intelligent and conscious man, God became obsolete?

Sam
Space Cadet''s DJ Random, Thinker, and Geek at heart.
SamSpace Cadet''s DJ Random, Thinker, and Geek at heart.
well...
And what do u think about information exchange at all?
For example... In Half-Life policeman comes to you...makes an informational transfer...and waits for a command (stay or go with u)...
How can we make the process better (er...more interesting)?
BTW...i know that there are some neural networks that can calculate smthing with a great speed (i mean just our simple task)...
May be we can use them?

Nail [Nail Studio]
Nail [Nail Studio]
Train your chatterbot AI for about 10 years, then maybe it will understand such things. Just like a child. I know thats a rather simple statement, but has anybody had the patience to try?

Edited by - Caffeine on July 27, 2000 1:46:41 AM
I''m sorry this is rather off-topic but to Cadet Random :

In the eyes of all people who believe in a god, their god is superior to mankind.

Now, if we as humans would make a lifeform that has
A) self-awareness and consciousness like humans
B) the raw mathpower of a supercomputer

then we would combine to traits that would make the lifeform superior to our own, hence it would make us, biological entities that have no mathprocessor in our brains, that live only for about 100 years (I''m being positive) and are fairly useless without protection in any other atmosphere than our own, more or less obsolete.

I''m not saying there would be no need for humans, we are what we are and you''ll never hear me say that any other animal should not be around because there are humans either.
The signature just points out that when we achieve the creation of real intelligence like the one we possess, we become a little god and a little obsolete.

I hope you understand a little more why I use it as sig now?

Stefan Baert

******************************StrategicAllianceOn the day we create intelligence and consciousness, mankind becomes God.On the day we create intelligence and consciousness, mankind becomes obsolete...******************************

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement