Are there any c# raytracers?

Started by
13 comments, last by Kate18 20 years, 3 months ago
quote:Original post by Lithic
Since everybody here seems to think that i''m wrong please give me a link to a working OpenGL (and not a third-party emulator) for C#.

Why I say C# is not very useful for graphics is because it compiles into machine-code at runtime and precious speed is lost. However now that i reread the original entry i notice that it doesn''t have to be realtime, so that isn''t really a problem.

Well either you are just trolling or are plain dumb.

NON REALTIME RAYTRACING

Which means it isn''t using OpenGL, it is a software rasterizer ...

That is NOT realtime ...

So why exactly did you make your post?
Advertisement
quote:Original post by Lithic
Since everybody here seems to think that i'm wrong please give me a link to a working OpenGL (and not a third-party emulator) for C#.

Why I say C# is not very useful for graphics is because it compiles into machine-code at runtime and precious speed is lost. However now that i reread the original entry i notice that it doesn't have to be realtime, so that isn't really a problem.

--===LITHIC===--
--===WWW.Decimation.TK===--

[edited by - Lithic on January 15, 2004 10:02:20 PM]

Ummm.. C# works with managed direct X. If you want OpenGL to have to use a 3rd party library . And you do realize that there are things like JIT compilers, right?

Do you also realize that C++ contains absolutely no graphics functions? Does this make even pure C++ worthless for ray tracing? No, old DOS raytracers never even showed graphics output; they just wrote straight to a data file and could be written in pure C or C++ with no external libraries.

[edited by - invective on January 15, 2004 10:52:37 PM]
LOL
11 replys but no raytracer, oh well
I''m not trying to compete with mental ray or brazil, i just thought it would be fun to learn c# by making a raytracer. I have alreay made a half decent modeller using c# and managed directx and it works fine. That pov ray source is really good, i suppose that will have to do.
I don''t see why everyone bags c#. And about no opengl "emulator"...what?
c# works fine with gl... already made 2 games ( very basic games ) with it using csgl.
Thanks

Oops, I just found them links you posted edotorpedo
Exactly what I was after
Cheers
Question answered, thread closed. Please ensure you know what you''re talking about before posting, anyone.

[Thread Closed]

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement