slowdown in fullscreen?

Started by
2 comments, last by VThornheart 20 years, 3 months ago
A very strange thing... that engine that I''ve been working on for a 2-D side scroller using SDL is acting wierd... In windowed mode, it runs at full speed... but for reasons that elude me, it *crawls* in fullscreen mode. Have any of you ever encountered this problem?
-Vendal Thornheart=) Programming for a better tomorrow... well,for a better simulated tomorrow. ;)
Advertisement
It does the same thing for me. Its probably because of the v-sync. Personnaly I prefer the v-sync on because whit out you''re graphics look a little chunky. If you really don''t like the lack of speed run on windows mode. But you are better on whit the v-sync.

Kevin
Kevin
Hmm... I brought the code over to a friend''s computer, and it runs fine on it (even though his is slower than mine). I''m beginning to wonder if it''s perhaps the fact that it''s on a laptop, that doesn''t support 640x480 resolution natively. Maybe that conversion process in fullscreen is what slows it down. It''s all I can figure out, because on that other computer it runs fine. Wierd...
-Vendal Thornheart=) Programming for a better tomorrow... well,for a better simulated tomorrow. ;)
Just a wild guess: I''ve read somewhere that you might solve such a problem by changing the resolution of your desktop. Don''t ask me why... But as I said, just a wild guess.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement