Deathmatch game test

Started by
38 comments, last by Bouncer 20 years, 2 months ago
I''ve decided today would be a coding day, so I''ve done extra stuff, it now has rigid bodies, soft bodies, and chains (with self collisions).

Verlet demo

as you can see, once you have the basic system in place, it''s not hard to implement various types of physical objects. It''s just a matter of setting up constraints right.

I think the next extension will be, static meshes, or collision maps (which will just be list of segments).

Everything is better with Metal.

Advertisement
added static geometry collisions.

Demo

I might release the demo as a COTD at flipcode. It''s coming along nicely.

Ack, I seem to be missing glut32.dll to check out those demos. Where can I find it?
-Vendal Thornheart=) Programming for a better tomorrow... well,for a better simulated tomorrow. ;)
from my site, or here.

now added smoother collisions on 'flat vertex' collisions, although I think you'd olny see the benefit if you slide on a flat plane with lots of vertices on it. If you don't smooth out collisions in that case, particles will trip on the vertices. The fix uses the vertex normal and pushes the particle along that vector (using a ray-sphere intersection test, not the best).

home sweet home

controls :
- mouse attracts stuff, press space to reset.
_i'm done with the demo, but in any case, tell me what you think, if it's worth a COTD entry, if it's worth for me wasting more time on it . Questions about how it works, problems, ideas, help with designing a similar system, ... give a shout.

[edited by - oliii on January 18, 2004 6:11:33 PM]

By the way.. just another drawing order thing...maybe you should draw your flashlight LAST or after the balls and such (though i dunno if theyre done in the same pass(prolly the wrong word) as the static stuff) anyways, that would make the light a bit more convincing if yah ask me... again...im an idiot making suggestions, just tryin to help :-D
When General Patton died after World War 2 he went to the gates of Heaven to talk to St. Peter. The first thing he asked is if there were any Marines in heaven. St. Peter told him no, Marines are too rowdy for heaven. He then asked why Patton wanted to know. Patton told him he was sick of the Marines overshadowing the Army because they did more with less and were all hard-core sons of bitches. St. Peter reassured him there were no Marines so Patton went into Heaven. As he was checking out his new home he rounded a corner and saw someone in Marine Dress Blues. He ran back to St. Peter and yelled "You lied to me! There are Marines in heaven!" St. Peter said "Who him? That's just God. He wishes he were a Marine."
added friction. but that''s it! I''m now done with it. All bases are covered, it will end up in a COTD, in a cleaner form, and with a doc.

Very nice. Is this the game you were talking about when you posted that 4 scene 2D physics demo? Looks like. So how''s it going now? Any updates?

---
shurcooL`
Bouncer, the game demo and the blobs demo are brilliant. The fluid movement and general physics make for very addictive entertainment, well done

Athlon XP 1700+
VIA 266 chipset
768MB DDR RAM
GF4 MX 460

[edited by - xCube on January 26, 2004 3:59:55 PM]
shurcool:
Yep... this is the game. It''s still very early in development. I''m now concentrating on A.I and designing lot''s of features. It might take a few months before next demo.

Anyway... I''ll post here when I have something cool to show
Milk is for babies
Very nice demo!
Impressive
Physic is really cool

Runs really fine on my system
Athlon XP 2500+@3250+
2x256mb DDR 400mhz@408mhz
Radeon 9800 pro 128mb ( also overclocked )

I get over 500 fps

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement