Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AlienCharm

Which way do YOU include DirectX .lib files?

AlienCharm    122
Whenever including ddraw.lib to my projects I''ve always went to Project->Add to Project->Files and then found the file. The other day I found out you can at it to your linker files by going Project->Settings->Then under the Link tab where it says "Object/Library modules you can type in ddraw.lib. Note that this is using Visual Studio 6.0 and goes for all DirectX .lib files not just ddraw.lib. The only difference I could figure out was if you add it to your linker you have to re-add it everytime you open up your project. I was wondering which way everyone here does it and if there is a difference between the two??

Spudder    385
I personally prefer #pragma comment(lib, "ddraw.lib") jus because I''m too lazy to keep entering the project settings to change the link options

Ghwerig    122
I prefer the #pragma comment(lib, LIBNAME). It''s very useful for small test programs that only have 1 source file. I copy the source and delete the project... i can always rebuild it with cl.exe

Dave Hunt    4872
I do the same as Newfound, Spudder, RhoneRanger and Ghwerig.

You only have to do it in one source file.

[edited by - Dave Hunt on January 16, 2004 4:06:17 PM]

psykr    295
I do the same as Spudder, Newfound, RhoneRanger, Ghwerig, Dave Hunt and googlyeyes.

All of my API-specific calls are located in only a few files, so it helps to keep track of which libraries are needed in which files. I don''t know if this #pragma directive is supported on all compilers, though.

Eriond    187
quote:
Original post by Spudder
I personally prefer #pragma comment(lib, "ddraw.lib") jus because I'm too lazy to keep entering the project settings to change the link options

Me too.

[edited by - Eriond on January 17, 2004 5:11:47 PM]

maxd gaming    100
quote:
Original post by Eriond
quote:
Original post by Spudder
I personally prefer #pragma comment(lib, "ddraw.lib") jus because I''m too lazy to keep entering the project settings to change the link options

Me too.

[edited by - Eriond on January 17, 2004 5:11:47 PM]

Me too.