Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monban

Win232 Network API

Heya I have more of a question about where to get information than as to needing information itself. I need to learn win32 network api, specifically I need to be able to query a Windows box and find out what version of Windows it''s running, its network (netBIOS/WINS) name, and whether or not it is logged on to a domain. Can anyone out there recommend a book or better yet website that would provide a good reference for learning how to do this kind of thing? Thanks in advance!

Actually, I am working on a Win32 program which does some network related things, and there is a "IP Helper" API availble in windows since 98, the documentation is available on MSDN. General documentation is available here.
You may want to look at the GetNetworkParams function.

This IP helper is good stuff and I thank you for telling me about it, but apparently I can only get iformation about the local machine? I really need to query network machines, and I don''t see anywhere in here I can do that. Having said that, this is a good resource and I shall continue to explore it further, thanks.

Dangit, I have been all up and down through MSDN and I cannot figure it out. I want to get exactly the kind of information IPHelper provides, but for a remote machine. I -know- it is possible, given the proper permissions, I just need to know what messages to send and how and where. Surely this information must be out there someplace. Anybody?