Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

exa_einstein

big big glTexImage2D problem

exa_einstein    122
Hi guys I have a small problem. I need to create a little larger texture (8192*64 texels). But when I want to call glTexImage2D with a sizeX greater than 4096, it does nothing. my question: Do we have anything like glEnable(GL_BIG_TEXTURE_EXT)? Or any other method to create my texture? please help. exa_einstein

OrangyTang    1298
glGet(GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE)

Gives you the max size you can use. Anything higher just isn''t possible and you''ll have to break it down into smaller textures. Its also hardware dependant, I''m pretty sure the newer cards support textures that big.

DJSnow    100
www.delphi3d.net -> glinfo.exe download.

a tool which determines the hardware limits/specs of the system you are running on.
apart from that: i would extremely avoid using textures of >1024, because there are ton''s of graphic boards out there which don''t support sizes above 1024 pixels.

DJSnow
---
this post is manually created and therefore legally valid without a signature

_the_phantom_    11250
2048*2048 is the largest texture size avalible on ATI hardware and on NVidia hardware its 4096*4096, anything above that and its going to fail.

You''re best bet is to split the image into at least 2 parts (depending on your hardware or your target hardware) and then draw the right part at the right place (although watch out for bleed conditions when filtering, you''ll probably want to use texture boarders to make the filtering work right)