Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Xtreme11

Last Line of Defence Test

Xtreme11    122
This is a very small 3D game I made when I was bored. It was done using OpenGL for graphics and OpenAL for sound. It also allows users to create their own levels and edit existing levels through .dat files. Controls are left and right arrow keys to rotate and space bar to fire. You can also use the mouse to move and left click to shoot but my mouse to rotation algorithm is a bit dodgy . If anyone knows a good one to rotate an object to face the mouse pointer can they please tell me. I had a little trouble trying to balance up the levels nicely so I hope they are not to easy/hard. *Note*: Game requires OpenAL sound drivers to run, if you don't have them please download them from: Creative Download Game Any problems, feedback, criticism and suggestions would be much appreciated. Also could you please post your FPS so I can get an idea of how fast the game runs. Enjoy the game! [edited by - Xtreme11 on January 17, 2004 9:52:35 AM]

Xtreme11    122
Someone suggested I make the gun turning speed variable and accelerates when the left or right arrows are held down. I may add this to help counter the effects of the guns moving too slowly.