• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[java] Java applet notinited

This topic is 6420 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Browsers that view my applet and don''t have the jdk 1.3 get an error message "applet notinited". I installed the java2 plugin on my test computer, and converted the html to java2 compatible form. It still gets the notinited error. I thought it should at least come up with the debugging text and just stop when it reaches a library it doesn''t have. I also thought that there aren''t any libraries in the jdk that aren''t in the runtime plugin. I am using ... java.io.*; javax.swing.*; java.awt.*; java.awt.event.*; java.util.*; java.net.*; java.lang.String; javax.sound.midi.*;

Advertisement

Everything looks vanilla. The javax.swing.* and javax.sound.midi.* won''t work in a typical browser, but should be fine under the 1.3 plugin. What exceptions get written out to the java consoles? Can pull up a simple JApplet using the plugin? If you can open up a simple applet, then you know your code is probably getting loaded, and you can try / catch your constructor and init() methods to pinpoint the failure.

Hope that helps.

ManaSink

• Advertisement