My little game

Started by
9 comments, last by vlad_tepes 20 years, 3 months ago
good evening! i've written a little nice game, i think and just it would be nice to hear some feedback from u about my game. so it's in german. but you only need to hit N to start a new game oder B to end the programm. Download the Game --- we hit the highscore --- Gamag.org --- coming soon also in english [edited by - vlad_tepes on January 16, 2004 5:51:08 PM] [edited by - vlad_tepes on January 17, 2004 6:05:08 AM] [edited by - vlad_tepes on January 17, 2004 6:05:35 AM]
--- we hit the highscore ---www.Gamag.org
Advertisement
it was pretty good , however Waaaay to large for what it is.. many a images .if anything could make it better would be explosions
yeah thats true but i don''t really know how to make them and ok, i don''t know how to read out JPG files, so i used BMPs.

in any case, i used an engine which was written in a book here in germany so i decided to take it and to make my own game there. but i think when i will have more free time, i will maybe put some explosions in it.

you also can reach 1350 points. if you cros this line, your points wouldn''t be shown :D
could someone help me?

i want to make the game's menu accessible by mouse and not by keyboard - as it is now.

how should i proceed?

--- we hit the highscore ---
Gamag.org
--- coming soon also in english

[edited by - vlad_tepes on January 17, 2004 6:04:44 AM]
ud have to add support in the egine.
directinput is initalized and everythings ready, but how??
how is it possible to checke where was a mouse click...

Gamag.org
I''m not really fresh on DirectInput but here''s a try.

- Create the mouse device (LPDIRECTINPUTDEVICE8/9)
- lpdi->CreatDevice(GUID_SysMouse,&mouse_variable_name, NULL)
- mouse_variable_name->SetCooperativeLevel(window_handle, arg, arg)

then look into
- DIMOUSESTATE
and mouse_variable_name->GetDeviceState(sizeof(DIMOUSESTATE),(LPVOID)mouse_state_variable)

In the DIMOUSESTATE structure you''ll find x,y and button events.

Hope that helps, and if nothing else, it should give you an idea what to look into. Cheers.
If a plant cannot live according to its nature, it dies; so a man.
thanks for your help

Gamag.org
Your collision detection is a bit weird, the shield meter didn''t behave at all like it seemed it ought to.

Also re the large images... these are bitmap graphics rather than photographic stuff, so you wouldn''t want JPG anyway. PNG is a good bet; look for the "libpng" library for loading them.
yeah i know this mistakes, but don''t know how to read out an JPG or PNG file. just looking for some tutorials...

Gamag.org

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement