Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadivision

Multitexturing Problem

Chadivision    130
I''m having some problems with using multiple texture stages. I created two textures. In stage 0, I am modulating the first texture with the diffuse color of the verticies. That part works fine, but then I want to use stage 1 to modulate the color with the color of another texture. That''s where I get stuck. The second texture has not effect. Here''s a list of all of the troubleshooting that I did. Both of my textures were created ok, because they both work when tested individually in stage 0. I checked the device caps MaxTextureBlendStages is 8 MaxSimultaneousTextures is 2 My custom vertex definition looks like this D3DFVF_XYZ|D3DFVF_NORMAL|D3DFVF_DIFFUSE|D3DFVF_TEX2| D3DFVF_TEXCOORDSIZE2(0)|D3DFVF_TEXCOORDSIZE2(1) I have added the 2nd set of texture coordinates and given them values for each point of my triangle. I used the values (0,0) (1,0) and (1,1). I made sure that the textures are on input 1 of each texture stage (because some cards require this) I used SetTexture to load my first texture into stage 0 and my second one into stage 1. I set input 1 of texture stage 1 to D3DTA_TEXTURE and input 2 of texture stage 1 to D3DTA_CURRENT. Then I selected D3DTOP_SELECTARG1 for the color op on stage 1 (just to test to see if my texture is making it into texture stage 1) This is where the problem comes up. When I use SELECTARG1, the output is just white. Obviously my texture didn''t make it into texture stage 1, but I don''t know why. If I set texture stage1 to D3DTOP_SELECTARG2, the first texture that is being modulated by the diffuse color is "passed through" correctly. I am using the alpha values from the textures. I disabled the color and alpha for texture stage 2 (since I am only using stages 0 and 1) I tested my textures in MFCTex and it works. I tested my app with the reference device and it still doesn''t work. Can anyone else think of anything that I missed?

Chadivision    130
ValidateDevice returns an HRESULT of D3D_OK and it sets pNumPasses to 1.

I''ve got it almost working now. I just realized that I forgot to set the texture stage coordinate index. I did that with the following line.

m_pd3dDevice->SetTextureStageState( 1, D3DTSS_TEXCOORDINDEX, 0);

It works fine when I''m using the same texture coordinates for stages 0 and 1, but if I change the third parameter to 1 (to use my second set of texture coordinates for stage 1) it doesn''t work.

At least I narrowed down the problem. I think there is something wrong with the way I stored the texture coordinates for stage 1.