Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

maxd gaming

Direct X is cool and all.

But, the initalization for D3D is killer. I cannot grasp it, I have read in the D3D SDK Docs, the Ddraw version in TOTWGPG and on various websites but I just can''t figure it out. Could someone take the time to try to explain it to me?

It''s Maxd Gaming, put in an underscore and I will beat you with a rubber ducky! { Check out my Forum } { My First Space Art (Ever) - Out of bandwidth, wait tell next month }{ My Second Space Art (Ever) - Out of bandwidth, wait tell next month }{ A upcoming space RTS codenamed Gruntacktica . }{ . }
Following the new trend: I AM NOT COWSARENOTEVIL!
With DirectX there is a steep learning curve, but once you get the "gist" of it, the D3DX Utility Functions can save your a ton of development time, unless your "hardcore" and want to write all the matrix library transpose, multiplication, identity, etc functions yourself. A bonus is optimization of these library''s D3D provides for 3DNow! and SSE Instruction sets for cpu architecture, which if you were to try and learn opengl you would have to implement on your own, and unless your are very skilled coder and can beat the dev team microsoft has to offer to implement these functions for u.. SOL. Tackle and reap the benefits of DirectX Graphics is all I have to say.

Hmm, OK does anyone have a "blackbox''d" header/cpp file I can download... I don''t want to have to make my own (will take to long)

It''s Maxd Gaming, put in an underscore and I will beat you with a rubber ducky!
{ Check out my Forum } { My First Space Art (Ever) }{ My .Net Information }{ A upcoming space RTS codenamed Gruntacktica . }{ . }

Not following the new trend:
Looky here mommy! No cow pic!