Gruntaktica...

Started by
18 comments, last by maxd gaming 20 years, 3 months ago
Chapter One - 2163
The U.N. convinces (through means of threatening and bribing) the last 6 countries to sign the contract which will unite all of Earth into one large force. The people voted for the government. The old governors of each country are now leaders of specific departments. For this a single government is elected and a single currency is chosen. The governor “INSERT AWSOME NAME HERE” decides that they should pool together the worlds armies into one large force called the GD to fight the last threats known to man – Terrorism and crime.

Chapter Two - 2199
After many years as a unity the tension between nations had started to release, many of the larger American corporations combined with the other nations to create more advanced technologies. NASA combined with the European Space Agency and the Chinese Aerospace Corporation to create the GSTA (Global Space Travel Association) and began to design the largest and most powerful spacecraft ever – The Solar Explorer. They announced this to the general public via a worldwide news broadcast, they told the people that they would be selling full houses on this space craft when it was ready and they would be able to go on a 96 year space trip to the outer regions of space. The ship was designed as a self-contained community, the design called to put nutrient enriched soil in the ship, grow grass, carrots, tomatoes, and some other fruits and vegetables, bring on some cows and there you have it, a simple food-chain. The GSTA also sent a small army of robots up to the un-colonized sections of Mars, and began to terraform the planet to be entirely inhabitable.

Chapter Three – 2212

The GSTA releases some information about signals from “advanced life-forms” in one of the nearby solar systems. The life form has apparently advanced to the point where they have space shuttles and are also exploring for other life. The GSTA decides they are going to try to communicate with them. The government of Earth decides to begin shipping convicts up to Mars instead of keeping them in detention centers on Earth, so they order GSTA to recall there robots (which have terraformed most of Mars) and begin launching rockets filled with convicts up to Mars. On Mars, the government of Earth has built self-contained farms powered by fusion cells so the prisoners can keep themselves alive

New version... far from complete and is just a summary of what will happen in each chapter. This one was written one hundred percent by me!

It''s Maxd Gaming, put in an underscore and I will beat you with a rubber ducky!
{ Check out my Forum } { My First Space Art (Ever) }{ My .Net Information }{ A upcoming space RTS codenamed Gruntacktica . }{ . }

Not following the new trend:
Looky here mommy! No cow pic!

The Untitled RPG - |||||||||| 40%Free Music for your gamesOriginal post by capn_midnight 23yrold, is your ass burning from all the kissing it is recieving?
Advertisement
Why would you send convicts to a perfectly good planet? that makes no sense!

In the future criminals will probably be easier to catch as pervasive technology evolves and invades our private "sphere".

Convicts usually get *very* bad deals, they would probably get sent to some penal colony on an hollowed out asteroid, left over from mining operations by some super-corporation, then bought by the government.

[Hugo Ferreira][Positronic Dreams][Colibri 3D Engine][Entropy HL2 MOD][Yann L.][Enginuity]
The most irrefutable evidence that there is intelligent life in the Universe is that they haven''t contacted us!

Well, the rest has been stitched up rather nicely except for THIS:

"They find a crashed ship on a dark "corner" of mars. Fix it up with some of the laser guns the Earth people left ''em (hoping they would kill each other or something) and went to a newly dicovered planet (by them obviously) and found what they needed built up a small economy and there you have it."

So much is wrong with that.

First, why did no one discover that ship? By 2112 Mars will have been so well explored that such an occurance would never occur.

Second, why give them guns? If you want them to kill each other, just give them knives or poisoned food.

Third, how could a prision colony locate a new planet faster than a massively funded, world-spanning space agency could?

Cheers,
-Operator
quote:Original post by Operator
Well, the rest has been stitched up rather nicely except for THIS:

"They find a crashed ship on a dark "corner" of mars. Fix it up with some of the laser guns the Earth people left ''em (hoping they would kill each other or something) and went to a newly dicovered planet (by them obviously) and found what they needed built up a small economy and there you have it."

So much is wrong with that.

First, why did no one discover that ship? By 2112 Mars will have been so well explored that such an occurance would never occur.

Second, why give them guns? If you want them to kill each other, just give them knives or poisoned food.

Third, how could a prision colony locate a new planet faster than a massively funded, world-spanning space agency could?

Cheers,
-Operator

Good points... read the new version... (below it is in a new post here not the edit on the main post)

It''s Maxd Gaming, put in an underscore and I will beat you with a rubber ducky!
{ Check out my Forum } { My First Space Art (Ever) }{ My .Net Information }{ A upcoming space RTS codenamed Gruntacktica . }{ . }

The Untitled RPG - |||||||||| 40%Free Music for your gamesOriginal post by capn_midnight 23yrold, is your ass burning from all the kissing it is recieving?
The story''s not that bad, but "Gruntaktica" sounds awful. Come up with a less grunty and more positive name.

-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
quote:Original post by cowsarenotevil
The story''s not that bad, but "Gruntaktica" sounds awful. Come up with a less grunty and more positive name.

Read the second story...

add: did cowsarenotevil.port5.com/ go down because of us? I am sorry, if we made you waste all your bandwidth.

Think of a cool, profound word with meaning, then figure out how to say it in latin or greek... mix up the right cool sounding word and you have a ship name...

Examples:

diluculo : dawn, daybreak.

expiscor : to fish out, find out, discover

resurrectio : f, resurection, awakening, renewal.

novus : new, fresh, young, inexperienced, revived, refreshed
aetas : an age, stage, period of life, time, era.

saecula saeculorum: to all eternity, without end, lifetime, age.

I don''t know... just an idea. Have fun. Here''s an English to Latin dictionary online:
http://www.arts.cuhk.edu.hk/Lexis/Latin/
quote:Original post by smitty1276
Think of a cool, profound word with meaning, then figure out how to say it in latin or greek... mix up the right cool sounding word and you have a ship name...

Examples:

diluculo : dawn, daybreak.

expiscor : to fish out, find out, discover

resurrectio : f, resurection, awakening, renewal.

novus : new, fresh, young, inexperienced, revived, refreshed
aetas : an age, stage, period of life, time, era.

saecula saeculorum: to all eternity, without end, lifetime, age.

I don''t know... just an idea. Have fun. Here''s an English to Latin dictionary online:
http://www.arts.cuhk.edu.hk/Lexis/Latin/

Hmm maybe The Expisicor (read: added i)

quote:Original post by maxd gaming
add: did cowsarenotevil.port5.com/ go down because of us? I am sorry, if we made you waste all your bandwidth.

Yes. But it doesn''t have anything of importance on it...

-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
Here is the begining to the prelude.

Prelude – year 2163
“People of Earth, I – Fannus Noffe - am proud to tell you, that today, all the governments, on this wonderful planet, have agreed, that they, will all join together, into one large conglomeration. We will be holding an election, to elect a government, in slightly over 2 months. The governments running are now listed on the display behind me”
“The Liberation Army
The Independence
Divine Nations
Liberated Nations
Confederated Republic
The Republic of Constellations” appeared on the hefty projection screen in the crowded theater-like room in a large beige print
“You will also, be voting on a currency during that election.” Fannus stated, as the screen behind him changed into a large picture of a dollar sign, euro sign and yen sign.
“This broadcast, has now ended.”

All the people in the diminutive ship began to applaud happily.
“We are coming back into Earth’s atmosphere please stay in your seats” whined a voice through the speaker.
Everyone sat down and looked up at the large screens displaying information about the velocity, gravitational pull and tilt of the craft. The velocity display was glowing red, the ship was falling to rapidly.
“Everyone stay calm, we have everything under control” said that same voice through the speaker.
“Oh yeah, sure you do” said one of the more obvious voices in the crowd.
Scientist Damon Gruntaktica looked down at his small 6.4tHz laptop computer, quickly typed something and then faded into darkness, reappearing 45 seconds later at the National Institute for Science and Technology.
“The experiment worked sir” said Gruntaktica

It's Maxd Gaming, put in an underscore and I will beat you with a rubber ducky!

[edited by - maxd gaming on January 18, 2004 2:44:58 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement