Movie Script Template

Started by
5 comments, last by bgoetz1 20 years, 1 month ago
I am working on developing a game for the PC, and I need to write the scripts for the cut scenes that are going to be added after each level. The scenes are not going to be lengthy, but they will involve interaction between some of the characters the player encounters. I am not familiar with writing scripts for movies, and I was wondering if anybody knew of some good templates or samples I could see. I just want to make sure that the vision I have in my mind comes out on paper properly. Your help is greatly appreciated! Bill Goetz www.stellarodyssey.com bill@stellarodyssey.com
Bill Goetzwww.stellarodyssey.combill@stellarodyssey.com
Advertisement
Yeah, I can send a word doc with the setup specs to your posted e-mail address when I get home from work tonight. It is the Master Author''s Format.

Addy

Always without desire we must be found, If its deep mystery we would sound; But if desire always within us be, Its outer fringe is all that we shall see. - The Tao

joeyburtini---@---shaw......ca <- Please no dashes only one dot

It's Maxd Gaming, put in an underscore and I will beat you with a rubber ducky!
{ Check out my Forum } { My First Space Art (Ever) }{ My .Net Information }{ A upcoming space RTS codenamed Gruntacktica . }{ . }

Not following the new trend:
Looky here mommy! No cow pic!

[edited by - Maxd Gaming on January 18, 2004 1:48:42 PM]
The Untitled RPG - |||||||||| 40%Free Music for your gamesOriginal post by capn_midnight 23yrold, is your ass burning from all the kissing it is recieving?
just look for a script or screenplay online somewhere but i can sum up what you need in a few lines if you dont feel like looking.

you need to describe the setting of the scene.
also you need to describe all action made by objects or characters. Lastly you need the charcter dialogs.

basically you write down what is happening, where it is happening , who is involved and how they are involved. theres no nessecary template requirement unless your development team sets one out.
And normally film scripts are done in 12pt New Courier font. Names of characters are in capitals when speaking and their speach (& name) is indented into the centre of the page (about 2~ on either side).

I doubt you''ll need these but...

P.O.V. point of view
V.O. - voice over (next to a character''s name)
O.O.V. - out of view when talking

And sometimes writers put in camera directions too.
-------------------------si vis pacem, para bellum
Thanks to everyone for the input. This is the type of information I need!

Bill Goetz
www.stellarodyssey.com
bill@stellarodyssey.com
Bill Goetzwww.stellarodyssey.combill@stellarodyssey.com
Does anyone know what sites have free Kate and Leopold movie scripts? Any help would be appreciative. Thanks.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement