MUD Server - Questions and interest in a book.

Started by
5 comments, last by TristanDBS 20 years, 3 months ago
Luckily, I did another search on the forums before posting and found the answer to my question. I''d still like info on the book mentioned below. While I was browsing the boards I ended up reading the review on the book MUD Game Programming. Has anyone bought or read this? I''m interested in it, but I don''t want to buy it if it explains the same code I already have. Any opinions on the book are welcome. Thanks.
Advertisement
what code do you have, im interested in making a MUD.
I've read it. I thought it was pretty good. It explains the creation of two different MUDS. The first the author calls "SimpleMUD" and the other he calls "BetterMUD" (original huh?). It's a little redundant in places because BetterMUD just describes an improved SimpleMUD. One of the things I found especially helpful was the cross-platform multithreading library and network API. Another nice feature of BetterMUD is that the author uses embedded Python to implement dynamically loaded logic modules.

bpopp - My Gamedev Journal

[edited by - bpopp on January 17, 2004 12:16:01 AM]
I have it on order but it has not come in. I am also interested in making a MUD
I''ll agree with bpopp''s words on the book. All in all, I''d say it is a great buy for one interested. (And you''d have to give us an idea as to what you''ve done if you want a detailed response as to where it might conflict/help etc.) Cheers.
If a plant cannot live according to its nature, it dies; so a man.
Thanks for your opinions. I placed an order for it with Amazon. They said my credit card info was wrong, so I changed it. Hopefully it works this time.
I just got it, it cool

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement