Creating Windows Screensavers

Started by
14 comments, last by Code_Dark 20 years, 3 months ago
I have (as some of you may have seen) a nice little rotating 3D cube that I made using OpenGL... I was just wondering how I could make it into a Windows Screensaver? I know that the extension is .scr, or something like that, but once I change the file extension what do I do next? Where do I place it? Meh, very confusing. Can someone help me out? - CD Check out the 3D Cube!
Advertisement
Just change the extension to .scr and place it in c:\Windows
btw, why didn''t you enable depth testing?!

"C lets you shoot yourself in the foot rather easily. C++ allows you to reuse the bullet!"
"C lets you shoot yourself in the foot rather easily. C++ allows you to reuse the bullet!"
It was my first OpenGL "project". I''m still modifying it as I learn more.

- CD

Check out the 3D Cube!
Excuse me, but under the GNU general public license, don''t you have to give the code out? Since you just claimed it was GNU general public license, I''d like you to send me the source.
"I want to make a simple MMORPG first" - Fenryl
quote:Original post by Senses777
Excuse me, but under the GNU general public license, don''t you have to give the code out? Since you just claimed it was GNU general public license, I''d like you to send me the source.

He doesn''t ahve to send anyone the source. He just have to make the source public.

Therefore...... doesn''t he have to host it or something?
"I want to make a simple MMORPG first" - Fenryl
Here''s a good little article on creating Windows Screensavers.

http://www.cs.unibo.it/~ljw1004/download/howtoscr.html
Now there''s an interesting complication.

(IANAL) No, he doesn''t actually have to release the code. For one simple reason: He''s not actually bound by the conditions of the license. ASSUMING, that is, that he wrote the entire program, then he owns the entire copyright.

Hmmm, maybe somebody should email the FSF and ask about this one.
I have the unmodified (to be a screensaver) code online.. all you had to do was ask

Here it is. Thanks for the helpful link, I''ll read through it.

- CD

Check out the 3D Cube!
moved from the lounge to general programming
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement