Link error STLPort

Started by
3 comments, last by Zeblar Nagrim 20 years, 3 months ago
I have just installed Visual Studio 7 and I get a link error when I try to build my current project: LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'stlport_vc6_static.lib' I have installed STLPort 4.6 (using this tutorial: http://www.geocities.com/simudream/Tutorial2STLport) but I still get the error. I have also tried to uncomment the _STLP_NO_OWN_IOSTREAMS define in stl_user_config.h but it wont help. I have no such file in my "Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Vc7\lib" folder. But I have a file there called "stlport_vc7_static.lib". Can I just rename that file? Any help? [edited by - Zeblar Nagrim on January 17, 2004 6:13:48 AM]
Advertisement
Add the directory containing that lib to MSVC++''s library directory list.

Colin Jeanne | Invader''s Realm
looks like you made STL port with the vc6 make file. Rebuild it with the vc7 make file.
"I turned into a driveway I thought was mine and crashed into a tree I don't have."- a real insurance claim
Amnesty: I have not done that. I used the vc7 make file.
Invader X: What directory? I thought the build process of STLport created and copied the lib files to the lib folder in the vc7 directory...
It didn''t on mine (perhaps I did something wrong?). I have my STLPort in a separate directory under /VC98 and, if I recall correctly, that is what the instructions told me to do: set up a directory for the installation of the STLPort.

Colin Jeanne | Invader''s Realm

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement