weird colors ?

Started by
2 comments, last by CoMaNdore 20 years, 3 months ago
When I load a image using the : glTexImage2D() function my colors fuc* up... So that the color 255,255,255 aint white anymore but some kind of light blue/green color. When i remove the call to glTexImage2D() i get normal colors again. Anyone got any ideas ?
- Me
Advertisement
and did you disable texturing before trying to use the color?
f@dzhttp://festini.device-zero.de
OpenGL is a state machine. When you enable texturing it remains enabled until you disable it. When you specify a texture coordinate it applies to all subsequent vertices until you change it. So:

glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D);// try to draw textured quadglColor3f(1, 1, 1);glBegin(GL_QUADS);	glTexCoord2f(0, 0);	glVertex2f(0, 0);	glTexCoord2f(1, 0);	glVertex2f(1, 0);	glTexCoord2f(1, 1);	glVertex2f(1, 1);	glTexCoord2f(0, 1);	glVertex2f(0, 1);glEnd();// try to draw coloured quadglColor3f(1, 0, 0);glBegin(GL_QUADS);	glVertex2f(2, 0);	glVertex2f(3, 0);	glVertex2f(3, 1);	glVertex2f(2, 1);glEnd();

is actually equivalent to:

glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D);// try to draw textured quadglColor3f(1, 1, 1);glBegin(GL_QUADS);	glTexCoord2f(0, 0);	glVertex2f(0, 0);	glTexCoord2f(1, 0);	glVertex2f(1, 0);	glTexCoord2f(1, 1);	glVertex2f(1, 1);	glTexCoord2f(0, 1);	glVertex2f(0, 1);glEnd();// try to draw coloured quadglEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D); // texturing still enabledglColor3f(1, 0, 0);glBegin(GL_QUADS);	glTexCoord2f(0, 1); // last texture coord repeated	glVertex2f(2, 0);	glTexCoord2f(0, 1); // last texture coord repeated	glVertex2f(3, 0);	glTexCoord2f(0, 1); // last texture coord repeated	glVertex2f(3, 1);	glTexCoord2f(0, 1); // last texture coord repeated	glVertex2f(2, 1);glEnd();

So your coloured quad is actually textured with a single texel from your texture.

The solution, as stated by Trienco above, is to disable texturing for any objects you don''t want textured.
hey man, thx..

it worked like a dream !
- Me

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement