Less Violent Arrows/Projectiles?

Started by
65 comments, last by GottaBeKD 20 years, 3 months ago
cupid arrows!
Advertisement
quote:Original post by GottaBeKD

What other game titles have you played (first-person) that had mostly non-violent gameplay?

Thief: The Dark Project / Gold, Thief 2. Sneaking around, hiding in the shadows and making as little noise as possible. Knocking out some guards instead of killing them.
GottaBeKD may not reply to you, PumpkinPieMan, but I will, because you have pissed me off.

Philippians 4:23 says, "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if thre be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." If a Christian video game was to come out, I believe many parents would want to buy it for the children due to the simple facts that we Christians are urged buy things that encourage Christian values and that many would think that it'd be better for their children to spend time playing a game that has morals than a hack-and-slash or shoot-'em-up game.

As for the matter of defeating a foe, there are different ways of going about it. You could use exorcism, holy water, pure light, or something similar. The foe is not hurt by this, though you may be.

As for whether or not the Ten Commandments still stand true or not, they still do apply to society, it's just that some chose to follow them and some do not. Just because something is alright to a certain culture, that does not mean that they are OK.

And how is murder in cold blood ever OK? Please, tell me why. I could understand killing someone in defense, but not commiting murder in any way. Commiting murder implies that it is done in cold blood, and therefore killing in self defense is not murder.

Your Christian father is not the epitome of how Christianity should be taken. Some would question how much of a Christian your father truly is if he listens to rock. I'm not judging either way, I don't know him, I was just stating. Just because your father likes action-packed movies and rock music doesn't mean that it's OK or that those movies and that music is OK.

[Edit: I was just glancing through this thread when I noticed the fact that it was Krez, not PumpkinPieMan, who made the comment about murder being justified. Sorry.]

[edited by - orionx103 on January 19, 2004 12:19:25 AM]
I''d like to play a "Christian Crusades" game. It''d be the bloodiest game ever made. Especially when you got to murder entire cities of innocent people who were actually also Christians. And when you got to eat babies and such. Pope Urban would give you praise in the end for doing God''s will.
quote:Original post by orionx103
As for whether or not the Ten Commandments still stand true or not, they still do apply to society, it''s just that some chose to follow them and some do not. Just because something is alright to a certain culture, that does not mean that they are OK.

Your Christian father is not the epitome of how Christianity should be taken. Some would question how much of a Christian your father truly is if he listens to rock. I''m not judging either way, I don''t know him, I was just stating. Just because your father likes action-packed movies and rock music doesn''t mean that it''s OK or that those movies and that music is OK.

[Edit: I was just glancing through this thread when I noticed the fact that it was Krez, not PumpkinPieMan, who made the comment about murder being justified. Sorry.]

Well if you like it or not, the rules that we see in society have commection to the rules to the ten commandments. But let me say this, sir. If those rules only applied to die hard christians, then the rest wouldn''t have to abide by those rules; there for there has to be standard rules for the multi-culture society that we live in. What you see is the overlap the 10 commandments have on society, because you believe in the 10 commandments they become your set of rules next to society. I choose not to follow the 10 commandments, there for my rules are dictated by society.

That''s also very ignorant of you, I know lots of people who are christians and they''re proud of it. But it''s the ignorance that excludes some of the christians and makes them unbelievers. For example, I know a bunch of gothic christians; would you let them into your church? I highly doubt it, it''s the ignorance that they have to put up with that makes them either change or leave.

Just because my father listens to rock music doesn''t make him a bad person, he''s a hard working person, he loves his family, he loves his job, he enjoys sports, and so on. Just because you think rock music is bad doesn''t make him seem any less christian then you, the problem is you have a problem sorting out the difference between whats entertainment and what''s life.

Try looking up EDMD, see how good the heavens have been to me.

Go to war again, blood is freedom''s stain, But don''t you pray for my soul anymore.
quote:Original post by PumpkinPieman
That''s also very ignorant of you, I know lots of people who are christians and they''re proud of it. But it''s the ignorance that excludes some of the christians and makes them unbelievers. For example, I know a bunch of gothic christians; would you let them into your church? I highly doubt it, it''s the ignorance that they have to put up with that makes them either change or leave.

You see, my church doesn''t exclude anyone. Even people who believe slightly or majorly different are welcome. The only exception are those who are disrespectful or disruptive. And what are you addressing when you call me ignorant?

quote:
Just because my father listens to rock music doesn''t make him a bad person, he''s a hard working person, he loves his family, he loves his job, he enjoys sports, and so on. Just because you think rock music is bad doesn''t make him seem any less christian then you, the problem is you have a problem sorting out the difference between whats entertainment and what''s life.

I never said that. I gave it as an example. (What does enjoying sports have to do with whether or not he''s a bad person? That''s totally irrelevant.) I don''t think rock music is bad. I listen to alternative and punk rock myself. And I never said he''s less of a Christian than I am. Where in any of my statements do you see me comparing anyone else with myself? I''m not really that great of a Christian, so I''m not one to brag on my works, but whatever.
I''m closing this thread because it seems to have gone completely off topic, and is getting into flame territory.

If people want to discuss non-violent games, I suggest a new thread. If they want to discuss religion, I suggest the lounge, or a completely different website.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement