Less Violent Arrows/Projectiles?

Started by
65 comments, last by GottaBeKD 20 years, 3 months ago
Hi guys and gals, I am fleshing out some story and game concepts for a Christian game I am making. I need some kind of a projectile ''weapon'' that is non-fatal, and non-violent. And it needs to be in the medevil era (or actually, 800 BC, bows and arrows time) The idea is, you send an ''arrow'' and the character being hit is converted to your side. He is not killed, only converted to your side. So it needs to be non-fatal, non-violent. And it needs to fit in with the atmosphere of bows and arrows. I can''t be flying around with a plasma gun during this time era. Any ideas?
Advertisement
Um. A rubber arrow doused in holy water.
Or a marshmellow arrow. I don''t think that would hurt anyone if it hit them.

shortcurves.com | /josh

Kult House - Fresh Production Media

How bout a net attached to a few arrows...

That way you can go up to the trapped enemy and do whatever it is that converts them
you could use those foam nerf things.. heh
i mean really, what''s the point? i thought christians were against even nonfatal violence? i dunno.. in 800bc all weapons were violent

why an arrow? if you want to convert somebody, why not run up to him with your bible and start preaching. sure you''ll take a few hits but that just show''s you''re determined, right? turn the other cheek and all that stuff? i just keep picturing jesus with a bow and arrow that converts people.. sounds kindof silly to me

-eldee
;another space monkey;
[ Forced Evolution Studios ]

::evolve::

Do NOT let Dr. Mario touch your genitals. He is not a real doctor!

-eldee;another space monkey;[ Forced Evolution Studios ]
On the Thief series there are rope/vine arrows (for climbing), gas arrows (when it hits anything it releases a cloud of sleeping gas), water arrows (for dousing torches and putting fires off) and noise arrows (to distract the enemy).

Still a non violent bow/arrow doesn''t makes much sense. Perhaps you should re-design the gameplay of your game.
I dunno, I think cupid could do it pretty well

-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-

How can there be Christians 800 years before J.C. was born?
You could just use a generic-looking projectile and explain it away as anything that comes to mind, from cosmic rays to a piercing gaze to divine power. A physical weapon might not be necessary if you just have the stuff come out of the character''s eyes/mouth/hands. Or you could invent some artifact (a wand, a stone tablet, a sling) that fires these things. Even a magic bow (a la the Ranger''s bow from the old Dungeons & Dragons cartoon) could work.

-PJM
How about a Bola

Bola

"If you are not willing to try, you will never succeed!"

Grellin
"If you are not willing to try, you will never succeed!"GrellinC++ Game Programming
Pfft, the game has Christian values. No one said the game setting itself was Christian.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement