Why not forum for game testing?

Started by
6 comments, last by GameWell 20 years, 3 months ago
Why not forum for game testing?I think it is getting important more and more for game industry? I can not express myselft freely in English. I very want to know Where and How to get some infomation for game testing design. By the way, I come from China,and I very want to meet some new friends here . [edited by - gamewell on January 18, 2004 1:03:00 AM]
Advertisement
Hello,

Nice to meet you GameWell. The reason there isnt a forum called game testing, is that this is a site dedicated to the development of the games. There are many sites availiable to download games by inde developers, thats not to say that a couple games dont make their appearance here anyways (when someone is asking for help usualy).

EDIT: There really is no such thing as game testing design. There is game testing, and there is game design, and they are pretty much on two opposite spectrums of the development. Game designers are part of the team making the game, and game testers are part of the team PLAYING the game. If you are interested in game testing as a career, trust me, its not one, The pay is pathetic ($7-$10/hr) and you will be playing the SAME level over and over and over and over and over.... I think you get my drift

EDIT #2: Inde (smaller) development groups dont usualy pay for testing, in fact, most dont release anything (save a demo) to the public.

Thanks
Richard

[edited by - paulcesar on January 17, 2004 11:40:58 PM]

[edited by - paulcesar on January 17, 2004 11:42:10 PM]
Hello,

Thanks for you replying. I think the testing is a part of game development,do you agreet with me? And now our company(with 7 years history in game industry in China) are makeing a MMOG,and in the past years,We have not testing team,And now we want to creat it,because the game development is geting complex more and more,the testing also is geting important more and more.But we have limited experience for game testing,especially for on line game .So want to find some resource for game testing disign or game testing .

and the game testing design,We also can say a game test manager who disign the test case\ test plan template. can you catch me?

Thank you again

McWell

[edited by - gamewell on January 17, 2004 12:58:29 AM]
The best way to test a game is to play itand try to break it... then u can find what dosent work right nd fix it or find something that is just a lil bit off... like not loading right or something... gmae testing is just having people play your game and tell you if there are any problems.

RanBlade
"Passion is what drives you to stay up until 4am fixing that bug that hardly anyone would notice...Passion is where great games come from, if you dont live and breathe games you shouldn''t be in the games industry." - Dave Pottinger, Ensemble Studios
[GameDev][C++ Page][Game Tutorials][FreeBSD][HawkNL(Hawk Network Library)][NeHe Productions][Gamedev book''s]
[Virtually Online-Books][Drunken Hyena][MSDN][Beej''s Guide to Network Programming][Mage Tower Ent-My Site]

Eric Ranaldi a.k.a RanBlade

[size=1]"Passion is what drives you to stay up until 4am fixing that bug that hardly anyone would notice...

[size=1]Passion is where great games come from, if you dont live and breathe games you shouldn't be in the games industry."

[size=2]- Dave Pottinger, Ensemble Studios

[size=1][GameDev][C++ Page][Unity Game Engine][Panda3D Game Engine][NeHe Productions][Drunken Hyena][MSDN][Beej's Guide to Network Programming]

[size=1][FreedBSD][My Site][Gamasutra][Khan Acadamey]

quote:Original post by PaulCesar
Hello,

Nice to meet you GameWell. The reason there isnt a forum called game testing, is that this is a site dedicated to the development of the games. There are many sites availiable to download games by inde developers, thats not to say that a couple games dont make their appearance here anyways (when someone is asking for help usualy).

i thought game testing would be a part of game development. other people might call it error checking but it''s the same idea. maybe there should be a forum for game testing... we can call it Test My Game! I mean look at how many posts there are in the forums for people needing feedback, suggestions, and corrections for their games.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Doesn''t ''your announcements'' cater for this?
Yeah, that's where it's usually done. While it seems like game testing should have it's own forum, traffic suggests that it's alright where it is. Maybe it should be added to the Your Announcements description, though, as it's not overly obvious that game testing posts belong there.

[EDIT] BTW, this belongs in GDNet Comments and Suggestions

[edited by - Thunder_Hawk on January 18, 2004 12:19:39 PM]
______________________________________________________________________________________The Phoenix shall arise from the ashes... ThunderHawk -- ¦þ"So. Any n00bs need some pointers? I have a std::vector<n00b*> right here..." - ZahlmanMySite | Forum FAQ | File Formats______________________________________________________________________________________
Methinks he''s actually talking about testing methods, straterges, etc. not getting others to test a game for him. In which case testing methods would come under the (woefully underused) Software Engineering forum.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement