Adobe Photoshop

Started by
9 comments, last by ShaneD 20 years, 3 months ago
Hey all, I''m just fiddling around with some artwork in Photoshop 7.0 and have a couple of questions that I couldn''t find the answers to. (1) How to combine all the layers in a project into one (rasterizing?). (2) How to make text "bubble" around a focal point, like it is wrapping over an invisible semi-circle. (3) How to make the mouse coordinates of the project window show. (4) If anybody has some interesting ideas/suggestions for cool text effects, I''d like to know! Anything helps! Thanks a lot, Shane
Advertisement
Layers -> flatten image.

Don''t know what you mean.

There''s a dialog box under the view menu, I think.

Oh, and assuming that you pirated photoshop (not accusing you, though) rather than buying it, may I recommend The GIMP?

-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
2) Create Warped Text. its in the menu in the top, where text size is etc
3) Info window (its a window like layers/brushes/history etc, you can find it in the window menu if its not already showing)
4) try to find some tutorials. look in some gfx communtiy. cgtalk or www.deviantart.com maybe www.gfxartist.com
//---------//Ueberbobo//*********
(2) Photoshop should have a lens distorting filter (not sure what it is called..) Put your text in one layer and use the filter on it.

Drakonite

[Insert Witty Signature Here]
Shoot Pixels Not People
quote:Original post by cowsarenotevil
Oh, and assuming that you pirated photoshop (not accusing you, though) rather than buying it, may I recommend The GIMP?

If he had a copy of photoshop 7, legal or otherwise, why the hell would he want to switch to The GIMP? That''s like saying "Oh you have The GIMP? Try MS Paint."

MindEngine Development
http://medev.sourceforge.net

Don''t overstep yourself. He said nothing to suggest he didn''t own photoshop. If he''s starting university (say, as an artist or programmer interested in art) he can buy Photoshop for a song. Or he has an actual job and is not a kid like you, and therefore can afford these things. The "not accusing you" bit is really a waste, since you already accused him by saying that you assumed he must have pirated it.
quote:The "not accusing you" bit is really a waste, since you already accused him by saying that you assumed he must have pirated it.

YOU MURDERED HIM! sorry not accusing you or anything..

quote:
(2) How to make text "bubble" around a focal point, like it is wrapping over an invisible semi-circle.

hold down alt and draw a circle selection from the center of your text, the center is usualy marked by the layer bounding box when it is checked on. go into the filters>distortion>spherize. bubblefy it accordingly through that filter. Note you must rasterize the text layer first before applying a filter. right click on the layer in the layer palette and click rasterize text.

quote:
(3) How to make the mouse coordinates of the project window show.

In the navigator palette, there is a tab for another palette called info. It may be somewhere else tho since palettes are customizable as to where they reside. What you want to look for basicly is the info palette. that gives you dimensions of your selection, coordinates of the mouse, canvas dimensions, and all sorts of useful info.

quote:
(4) If anybody has some interesting ideas/suggestions for cool text effects, I'd like to know! Anything helps!

http://www.google.com/search?q=photoshop+text+effects&sourceid=opera&num=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

[edited by - iNfuSeD on January 18, 2004 3:19:17 PM]
"The human mind is limited only by the bounds which we impose upon ourselves." -iNfuSeD
quote:Original post by Michalson

Don''t overstep yourself. He said nothing to suggest he didn''t own photoshop. If he''s starting university (say, as an artist or programmer interested in art) he can buy Photoshop for a song. Or he has an actual job and is not a kid like you, and therefore can afford these things. The "not accusing you" bit is really a waste, since you already accused him by saying that you assumed he must have pirated it.

I guess cows have a pirated version of Photoshop, eh? I got mine from a university for a really really cheap price.

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man how to fish and he will eat for a life time."
-Chinese Proverb

WiseElben.com - Experience Wisdom
actually text-effect wise the Gimp is probably more complete than Photoshop.

-www.penten.tk-
"The problem with America is stupidity. I''m not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don''t we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?" -xterm-
quote:Original post by Michalson

No. I said "assuming you did pirate it." I didn''t accuse him.

There are people who (after pirating photoshop) will switch once they realize there''s an alternative. Like me a long time ago.

Sorry to necromancificationalize this, I just had to clear that up.

-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement