anyone use visual studio .ne 2003t???

Started by
14 comments, last by graveyard filla 20 years, 3 months ago
quote:Original post by graveyard filla
anyway, back to my point. i cant get .net to compile my programs. its giving me a "unexpected end of file" error when i even just copy and paste working VS6 code into VS.NET.

Either a Precompiled header problem or a missing closing curly.

And yes, if you have access to VC 7.1, there really are no reasons to keep using VC 6.0.

“Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.” — Brian W. Kernighan (C programming language co-inventor)
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
Advertisement
i dont see how it can be any kind of error.

this is what i do, open VS.NET,

then click new project>>> then click Visual C++ Projects>>>then click win32 console project..... i click application settings>>> check off empty project>>> now im in project view... i see to my right source files folder... i right click and choose "new item" then i pick c++ source file from the list...

hmm. this seems to have worked. oh well, guess i figured it out for myself. going and checking off start as empty project was my problem.

ps what does (int argc, char **argv) after main do?
FTA, my 2D futuristic action MMORPG
quote:Original post by graveyard filla
ps what does (int argc, char **argv) after main do?

assuming you start your application like : test.exe hi there

argc = 2
argv[0] = "hi"
argv[1] = "there"

-----------------------------
Amma
-----------------------------Amma
quote:Original post by Amma
assuming you start your application like : test.exe hi there

argc = 2
argv[0] = "hi"
argv[1] = "there"

Incorrect. argv[0] is always the name of the program.

argc is 3
argv[0] is "test.exe"
argv[1] is "hi"
argv[2] is "there"

“Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.” — Brian W. Kernighan (C programming language co-inventor)
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
i stll dont understand what those argc and argv things mean. are they optional or do they need to be there? what do they do exactly? thanks for any help
FTA, my 2D futuristic action MMORPG
those variables are in main(...) so you could pass paramters to your application

for instance, in dos prompt, we do this. format c:\

this way, depending on what the user place after your program name, you can do some stuffs base from what the user pass.

http://www.dualforcesolutions.comProfessional website designs and development, customized business systems, etc.,

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement