My Beginner demo - good fps?

Started by
35 comments, last by ByteMe95 21 years, 10 months ago
Hello again

I tried doing the object light thing and rotate the light instead of the normals. I really like that idea, I dont know why it isnt written in ny of these tutorials. So I tried doing it and it didn''t work exactly right. First off it was way off, so then I tried doing teh inverse matrix of teh obhjects transformation matrix for the light source transform (Inverse is just switching columns and rows right?)

So it KINDA works, but it''s still off, especially when the torus is facing completely away from the viewer.

I made a new zip with exe and CODE. Dont get too excited, i didnt throw in ALL the code to compile it, just the necessary code files that actually have anything to do with this project.

Click Here for the latest zip and code. Hope someone could help me out

thanks again guys.
- Rob

PS - so what do yuo think of that linked list idea now that I''ve explained it a little more, still no good? I wanna know 3d peeps'' thoughts before i do it

ByteMe95::~ByteMe95()
ByteMe95::~ByteMe95()My S(h)ite
Advertisement
Rob,

I got 25 FPS on an AMD K6 3D Now! 450mhz (Voodoo 3 2000 16Mb)

Alas, you''re matrix code is exactly the same as the code used in the 3D Black Hole engine, and the website of the same (http://pages.infinit.net/jstlouis/3dbhole/) for 3D programming. I think it would be fair to acknowledge the author (Copyright © 1996-1998 Jerome St-Louis)

Come on, own up!

Good luck with the 3D programming,

Martin
Well I''m not planning on selling this or distributing this code in any way whatsoever, I''m just doing this for peronsla use and knowledge, and I only let people download it so I can get some help to find what''s wrong. So I dont think I really have to bother doing that, it''s just for me.

~7 fps on P1 133 48 meg RAM Rage II :-)

little culling problems though

Mustard
Yeah, I noticed that problem around the edges of the torus myself. I think it''s because I use a hash table to sort my polys (Quickest thing I''ve seen around), so it''s not completely accurate, but I plan on wokring on it a little more when I find some friggin time.

I still have that problem with rotating the light source isntead of the vertices, as you can see the lighting isn''t working correctly, it should seem like it''s isn''t moving

Any ideas?

I got this error in the log file after ATTEMPTING to run it:
06/10/02 20:03:17 About to init app
06/10/02 20:03:17 Could not init graphics!

I have all the files in one directory...
Andos, this thread is 2 years old !!

I think his engine has changed alot since then...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement