playing fair

Started by
7 comments, last by xoxos 20 years, 3 months ago
the thing is that the friction in the other thread was instigated by that stalwart of discernment, mr. ''anonymous user,'' insisting that everyone has equal opportunity.. i don''t know about you, but the world has presented me with sufficient examples to believe it''s possible that the types of jobs young people can actually get are often populated with asses for management who have nothing better to do than punish people for their amusement. i spoke up to suggest how the perspective of the original poster could occur, and, well, let''s just go by the mod''s comments, ''some of you need to lose the attitude'' - suddenly my statement that america (and western culture) is not all golden and fair, and i get a ton of bitches trying to make the thread about me. we don''t all come from middle or upper class backgrounds, and the world is not fair.. those of you that like to reinforce your feelings of superiority by suggesting that ''it is'' and that your successes are simply due to the force of your character or whatever have never been born the wrong colour (wow - that still happens? yep) so here''s some humble pie for you - tho i doubt you''ll swallow. it''s just easier to insist that you can''t be wrong, isn''t it.. oh.. and apart from that.. to correct your cultural ignorance.. i refuse offers to license my music because i am not motivated by money. the amazing thing about life is that not everybody has the same opinion (except in the u.s./u.k...) ''put it in my music'' you heard what you''re talking about? another slice of pie?
neither a follower nor a leader behttp://www.xoxos.net
Advertisement
Why is this thread here? I havnt read the 'other thread' mentioned, and you may or may not be 'in the right' so to speak, but THIS thread just wasted nearly a minute of my time...

//EDIT: Dont want to start an argument or anything, just wanted to discourage future posting of irrelevant threads - please dont turn this into a flame-thread.

[edited by - kazgoroth on January 21, 2004 8:24:27 AM]

- Jason Astle-Adams

You know, I think it would be best just to let it die.
quote:Original post by Evan
You know, I think it would be best just to let it die.

It will 0nce a mod notices that he just posted this in here.

My Site
ooh - you go get.. erm.. me.. you bad boy..

"oh dear, someone''s opinion! i''d better bury it under a pile of self-righteous whining eh"

it''s a forum bro, learn to tolerate other opinions or it''s oklahoma city over and over again.
neither a follower nor a leader behttp://www.xoxos.net
So now you are threatening violent action if we don''t take your 2 year old tantrum seriously? Get a life.
Forum title?
"Music and Sound."
So, yeah.
Xoxos, thread locked = shut up. Get a clue.
Xoxos, this is your last warning from me (although I can''t speak on behalf of other moderators or the staff).

The Music and Sound forum is not an appropriate forum for political comment. (eg. "god bless americuh *roll eyes*")

Nor are these forums a place for you to be insulting, including using offensive language (sometimes bordering on racism) (eg. "no matter what a bunch of fat white people in the eastern u.s. or wherever think", "just you wait, asshole", " nothing i like more than seeing brits and americans affirm their culture..") Read the FAQ.

Other posters, please don''t feed the troll, and accept my apologies for leaving this thread open while I consulted other moderators and staff.

[ MSVC Fixes | STL Docs | SDL | Game AI | Sockets | C++ Faq Lite | Boost
Asking Questions | Organising code files | My stuff | Tiny XML | STLPort]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement