• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rileyriley

Re. the current "you have spyware" ad

This topic is 5630 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
quote:
Original post by Eric Lengyel
Not trying to slam your site -- just that one ad was giving me seizures.
I understand completely. I went ahead and removed it, as well as the spyware popup.
quote:
BTW, that second quote in the previous post isn''t mine.

Oops...
quote:
Good luck with your book -- I know how stressful the last two weeks can be.

Thanks. Btw, excellent work on the 2E of your math book. I was surprised you were doing an update given how good the first one was, but it''s definitely better.

Thanks! Don''t forget me this fall when the nominations for the 2004 Frontline Awards open up! There''ll be a 3E in a couple more years -- I already have a list of things I want to add/improve.

I wouldn''t know there are ads on gamedev if not for the "Click here to advertise with us" - I use privoxy and I never see any ads on any website (although sometimes a yellow box appears with nothing in it).

The official zorx website

The "Adblock" extension that you can get for firebird is sweet, I had it block any url that had the letters "ad" in it, unfortunatly it blocks legitimit images. so I do a prety good job of not seeing ads.

(btw, sorry to the administrators of this site for not "supporting" it )

u r what u bcome

Is there any way to stop ads from being blocked on a particular site? I see popups on gamedev (but no other sites) but adblock blocks all ads, including the ones on gamedev.

quote:
Original post by bcome
The "Adblock" extension that you can get for firebird is sweet, I had it block any url that had the letters "ad" in it, unfortunatly it blocks legitimit images. so I do a prety good job of not seeing ads.

(btw, sorry to the administrators of this site for not "supporting" it )
You know, I don''t really have a problem with with people blocking popups, but people blocking regular ads really annoys me. That''s why you''ve seen so many independent sites shut down or convert to a members-only format.

quote:
Original post by cowsarenotevil
Is there any way to stop ads from being blocked on a particular site? I see popups on gamedev (but no other sites) but adblock blocks all ads, including the ones on gamedev.

With the google popup blocker you just click when you don''t want pop-ups supressed for a particular site. So I just clicked it one gamedev and now it lets popups through here :o

quote:
Original post by rileyriley
With the google popup blocker you just click when you don''t want pop-ups supressed for a particular site. So I just clicked it one gamedev and now it lets popups through here :o

I''m not talking about popups, I''m talking about banner ads. I already see gamedev''s popups, but I can''t enable banners on gamedev only.

quote:
Original post by Myopic Rhino
You know, I don''t really have a problem with with people blocking popups, but people blocking regular ads really annoys me. That''s why you''ve seen so many independent sites shut down or convert to a members-only format.
I wouldn''t want to "not support" gamedev (It''s possibly my favourite website besides Google), but the truth is that I''ve NEVER bought anything because of an ad on the Internet, so what''s the point of viewing them? If you do collect statistics on ad-views (as opposed to click-through''s), then I''d consider setting privoxy to allow ads through gamedev (though it might be complicated with remote links).

The official zorx website

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!