Cg and OpenGL Shading Language

Started by
11 comments, last by meeshoo 20 years, 2 months ago
thanks a lot. now all i have to do is to modifiy my 3dsmax exporter to duplicate the vertices that are "in trouble". that''s great. i''m done for the questions right now, but u can continue posting your ideas. i''ve just got the first OGLSlang compiler, folowing it''s specification. i took it from www.3dlabs.com

Mihai
Advertisement
the OGSLang compiler is probably handy for making sure things compile properly, however you can just give the [ATI] drivers the raw txt file and it will compile it for the card being used, which allows the driver to optermise the output for the card in use
hi. thanks to phantom for advice, but it looks like the future is of high level languages (HLSL from microsoft and GLSlang). The idea is that i''ve just intalled RenderMonkey from ATI and I can say that it''s a wonderfull tool, because artists too can handle with it and then pass the code to programmer for optimization. it has HLSL integrated and it provides a promise that it will include GLSlang 2.0 too. i''m thinking develop my engine using what is opengl 2.0 now and improving it over time because when it will be finished, ogl 2.0 will be final and fully functional.

Speaking about my old problem(that was solved by making more vertices at edges and corners): i want my physics engine to process only the original data, without the new verices(because, even there aren''t many of them, the equations will be too many and can produce slow performance), so now I''m thinking a way to use only original vertex data in simulations and, by a system of some sort of pointers to vertices(i don''t want to use to set of them, one for physics and one for renderer because that will almost double the needed memory space) to process only for one edge vertex the new position and them copy the resultant data into it''s copies. if u have any solution in mind, please write it down here. i don''t have a solution yet, only ideas. thanks. bye

Mihai

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement