Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cyber-Ace

VS .NET 2003 to 2004?

Absolutely. I would give quite a bit of money to upgrade to VS.NET 2004, considering I could sell it back to microsoft and say "This is what your product will look like when its released later this year."

Do you mean 2002->2003?

Assuming you mean 2002->2003, yes. .NET 2003 is very, very worth the price you pay for it (free), and the upgrade will not disrupt your projects in any way. Go for it.

"Sneftel is correct, if rather vulgar." --Flarelocke

Actually, I ment 2003 to 2004. I was uninformed, going off what someone (who I now think differently about) said.

Think for now I will just grab the latest stuff of whatever I can get my "free loving" hands on before I leave coledge. Only downside is your not allowed to get updades once you no longer enroled here. Not sure if they enfoce it or not, but sometihng like VS .NET could probably survive without updates.

[edited by - Cyber-Ace on January 22, 2004 3:20:28 PM]

quote:
Original post by Cyber-Ace
...sometihng like VS .NET could probably survive without updates.

VS.NET 2003 is a beauty and would server you well for years to come IMO. If you can''t afford an upgrade when 2004 comes out, it won''t be a big deal. I firmly believe VS.NET 2003 to be the best IDE available today, and the C++ compiler included is tops as well. Some might disagree, but I know I''m not alone in this belief.

Isn''t VS.NET 2004 built to efficiently work in Longhorn environment? I remember catching up some claims made by .NET users who got them from Microsoft itself that VS.NET...or ''Whidbey'' if I am not mistaken, that it will feature something that only exists in Longhorn...Now goddamn I forget what that feature is.

I gotta go with the guys saying Visual Studio .NET is the shiznit! i had the chance to get me a copy of Visual Studio .NET EA from the company i work for and let me tell ya... it''s the best thing i''ve ever seen! it''s alot better than visual studio 6 and right now they upgrading to 2003 so i will be able to get that and see how it is!