loading screen

Started by
1 comment, last by ssnhavok 20 years, 2 months ago
I want to add a loading screen to my demo. I was trying to make a logo for each type of thing loaded and while each part is loading I would show it''s logo. I know it''s probably not a big enough topic to have a tutorial on it, but does anyone have some info on this that I can read? What I tried so far is to just start drawing in my init code and swaping the buffers after each logo is drawn, so it would appear on the screen. This worked in windowed mode, but in fullscreen 1 of the logos would disapear. How do you guys do loading visuals? Also it might be interesting to get some info on percentage bars, I think I know how it would be done but I would still like to hear it from someone that has done it. Thanks
Advertisement
i think you should find these out for yourself. its better than alwas reading tutes and forums.
how do you draw those icons? textured quads? hard to say anything without seeing the code.
there is no exact way implementing a percentage bar (you can know this by examining them at work). and for loading a scene, you should not use it (or call it a percentage bar), rather a progression bar. and it works the same way those icons i think. for example: when loading the scene, you pre-read the number of objects needed to be loaded. when one is finished, just add one to the number of loaded objects, so you can calculate the percent value.
hope i could help

"Knowledge is no more expensive than ignorance, and at least as satisfying." -Barrin
"Knowledge is no more expensive than ignorance, and at least as satisfying." -Barrin
you will probably have to redraw all the logos each time. since you might be dealing with double or a triple buffered window.

I have a background loader thread running in the menu of my demo. It loads everything up and displays status with text down the buttom left corner.

| - My (new) little website - | - email me - |

[edited by - RipTorn on January 22, 2004 9:10:07 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement