Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

odizzy

3D Game Studio

Anyone have an idea of the level of networking technology in 3d Game Studio. From the web site: Multi-player dead reckoning client/server mode for LAN and Internet (TCP/IP,UDP) Multizone/multiserver support for massive online multiplayer games But has any one had any experience with how well it works in a real situation.

Guest Anonymous Poster
I''ve used Conitec''s engine for awhile now and I have to say that their network code is average if not less than. Sure it supports those things but be prepared to write a good deal of it (if not all) on your own. It get''s very sluggish and I only know of one user that is developing a MMORPG out of it. But their company is based on Client/Server technologies and they are implementing their own design.

Great front end engine though, I''ll have to admit that.

I am afraid I must concur with Anon. The network code in 3DGS is.. like sticking a blunt object into your eye socket over and over..

The engine is marvelous to work with for development and I am currently using it very successfully but it absolutely needs lots of DLL plugins to customize it to your needs. Not that that is a bad thing. I personally think its great. I am just looking for a good C++ coder to work with me to develop our alpha network transport layer using a middleware so I can proceed with the dev process.

Cheers and good luck,
Mark

Aakrana: The Forgotten Lands
Currently seeking help from:
C++ coder
ZeroC / ICE programmer