Test my 3D Engine Demo

Started by
34 comments, last by Abominacion 20 years, 1 month ago
Worked fine on my Radeon 9800, dual Xeon 3.5GHz system. Can you describe how you achieve such good looking clouds?

Jean-Francois Dube
Advertisement
My machines a piece of garbage, and its running fine.

P3 700mhz 256 mg/ram
ATI 8500 SE (yes, an se)

I couldn''t see any text anywhere, not even shaded quads, but it was running pretty smooth.
runs on mine only thing is it doesnt let me move at all it just loads and i can see part of the scene it has to use the ref render which i dont like >.< my fps is to low to calculate >.<

[edited by - DevLiquidKnight on February 27, 2004 5:43:34 PM]
Bizarre. It now refuses to run at all. I think I might have updated my drivers to 53.03 in the interim. Hooray for the technology curve.

[twitter]warrenm[/twitter]

quote:Original post by Abominacion
Here''s a shot of my engine showing a cathedral modeled by Marko Dabrovic.
*Picture*

Hey, nice model
I used this model in Nehe/Creative demo (After asking him for permission). I also use it for engine testing. Can we get a demo using it in your engine (or at lest some more screenshots)?

You should never let your fears become the boundaries of your dreams.
You should never let your fears become the boundaries of your dreams.
picklejuice:

Can you see the text correctly rendered? (press the keys ''s'' or ''F1'' while in demo)

MichaelT:

I use QueryPerformanceCounter(), so yes, I guess the power management of a laptop can make the the demo timing go wrong.

deks:

I already described how I do the clouds, look a bunch of posts above yours.

GroZZleR:

The text is shown when pressing the keys ''s'' or ''F1'' while in demo, there shouldn''t be any problem with it in a Radeon.

_DarkWIng_:

quote:
Hey, nice model

Well, I find it good for testing, but being incomplete as it is I don''t feel like releasing a scene for my demo based in it until I have time and energy to properly retouch it. I''ve just downloaded your demo, and it shows you have put a lot of effort into modifiying the model for it. A pity your demo doesn''t do PPL on my Radeon 9100.

quote:
Can we get a demo using it in your engine (or at lest some more screenshots)?

Well, since you want screenshots, here are some :

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4
Pic 5

They are rather ugly. The texturing is wrong, and my 3DSMAX exporter doesn''t handle smoothing groups yet.

------------------------------------------------------
Cuando miras al abismo el abismo te devuelve la mirada.
F. Nietzsche

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement