Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

colinisinhere

retreiving lost code!? VC++

Im using VC++ 6.0... I compilked my program and then I executed it... And i got a werd error and then my computer restarted, when i tried to open my project up again, my main.h was binary? it was like weird numbers and letters and some file paths. Is there any way to retreive the code that was compiled? (I know there are some .obj files and stuff but can that be converrted back to code?!?!?)

Guest Anonymous Poster
That has happened to me as well twice. Just revert to your latest back up. You should only lose a day''s worth of work or so since you back up regularly. You do back up regularly, don''t you?

Download this program called "Disk Investigator" do a quick search on google youll find it and remember a few words from the previous osurce type that in and hit search it searches ur entire diskcluster.. for even things that are in memory. Its techincally used for forensics but it works. However you may find several peices.. of it.. it takes awhile in the end you may have to put back together a puzzle of stuff but it will be a lot better then nothing, ive used it before

coder requires 0xf00d before continue().

Killer Eagle Software

[edited by - DevLiquidKnight on January 22, 2004 11:02:26 PM]