Q on VS .NET

Started by
1 comment, last by Nefrugle 20 years, 2 months ago
OK, im finally getting into windows programming and making windows popup with little buttons.. im so proud of myself. But ne ways, is there a way to tell Visual Studio to not give me the wierd tools to mess with the Message/Dialog Box, but insteads switch it so that i can just type in what i want to be in my resource file, instead of clicking on some little boxes saying - True, False, or writing in what i want. It helps me learn something when i have to do all the typing and stuff, not just clicking on true, and having the minimize botton come up. I like having to put STYLE DS_MODALFRAME | WS_MINIMIZEBOX | WS_MAXIMIZEBOX | WS_POPUP | WS_CAPTION | WS_SYSMENU instead of clicking on True for each thing. Is there anyway to make it go back to the text design instead of the ''Visual'' design method without having to go to VS 6.0 or anything? Thanks for the help, and i think i confused myself a little more asking the long question. Thank you Nefrugle
-- NeFrUgLe
Advertisement
If you wanna type in your own shit.. what you gotta do is use the function:
hwnd = CreateWindow(NULL, //No parent... or hwnd to you main window
...)

to create a dialogbox and put controls in it using
cntrlvar = CreateWindow( hwnd, //window the control is gonna be in
....);

download the "Platform SDK" from microsoft and goto the documentaion and type in "CreateWindow" in the index search... if ya read that you''ll pretty much get how to work with it.
Thank you for the tip, i will give it a try latter tonight.
-- NeFrUgLe

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement