Multi Line Text in Direct Draw

Started by
1 comment, last by EmpyrealHell 20 years, 3 months ago
Ok, I have been banging my head against a wall on this for a couple days now, so I need your guys'' help. I can''t seem to get VC6 to compile and run anything that has the strncat function in it, so I can''t write my own function to parse the string based on the ''\n'' character. When I try this, the program opens, and then immeadiatly closes, I have no idea why. I was wondering if there is a premade function that will draw text to the screen and span it across multiple lines using the \n character. I know in perl and php there are ways to explode the string into an array of strings, but I can''t find a function in the C++ headers that does that. Any method is fine, as long as it works. This would be a great help, thanks guys.
Advertisement
Just a guess, but I doubt the problem is really with strncat(). Try using the debugger. Just knowing that the program crashes doesn''t really prove that strncat() is the problem. It may actually be that you are correctly getting your string separated onto different lines, but your drawing code can''t handle multiple lines correctly. If you haven''t used the debugger much, or at all, I strongly suggest you learn. (If you''re in fullscreen mode, you''ll probably have to change things a bit to get the debugger to work. I haven''t used DDraw, though, so I don''t know the specifics.)
"We should have a great fewer disputes in the world if words were taken for what they are, the signs of our ideas only, and not for things themselves." - John Locke
never mind.

[edited by - Dave Hunt on January 23, 2004 1:41:33 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement