executable behavior

Started by
2 comments, last by Stef3d 20 years, 2 months ago
This is not really a serious issue, yet, but I''ve noticed that the executable for my game runs differently depending on how it is executed. By that I mean that when executed from the compiler (VC) it runs smoothly and the framerate looks fine. When executed form the DOS prompt things still look fine. However, when I simply double click the .exe in windows the framerate stutters and everything seems to have a strange blueish hue. I am at a loss for why this would be happening. I am compiling with MS Visual C++ 6.0 I am running win2k the program uses SDL and OpenGL
Advertisement
Is it a console program? A win32 program? an MFC app? Debug build or release build? Wether it uses OGL and SDL shouldn''t matter though.

Sander Maréchal
[Lone Wolves Game Development][RoboBlast][Articles][GD Emporium][Webdesign][E-mail]

<hr />
Sander Marechal<small>[Lone Wolves][Hearts for GNOME][E-mail][Forum FAQ]</small>

Put in more debug output. Compare the outputs and see. You can''t diagnoise runtime errors in the wild without them.

-ddn
It is a Win32 app and it is a release build, because apparently using SDL in debug can cause some unexpected errors and problems.

Thanks again.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement