DirectDraw or Direct3D?

Started by
2 comments, last by romanhoehne 20 years, 3 months ago
Hi all, I know, how to write a Graphics-Engine using Directdraw (a Map, some Buidlings and Figure-Bitmaps running as Frames...). On an other place I read, that Direct3D can do this too but faster. Is this so? Are there Examples (DX9, c#) anywhere in the Web? Thanx alot, Roman
Advertisement
If you do just simple 2d blits of images without any extra effects you could very well stick to Directdraw.

With direct3d you get that plus you can easily use rotation, shearing, coloring, alpha blending. And it usually will end up faster since most modern video cards are highly optimizied for 3d rendering.

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

Thank You, Endurion!
But, I have found only Examples using directdraw. How is the way with direct3d? In the SDK-Dokumentation I found only examples with meshes in c#. Do You know, where I can get Informations ?
Roman
What you''re going to do for 2D with direct3d is you''re going to be creating a textured quad. Search on your favorite search engine for "direct3d textured quad tutorial". You may also wish to look up orthogonal projection.

MindEngine Development
http://medev.sourceforge.net

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement