Light Gun?

Started by
1 comment, last by davescavern 20 years, 2 months ago
Hi Folks I''m facing the task of creating an arcade-style shooting game. The challenge lies in the fact, that the customer wants a "real world" gun...(plastic light gun?). Most of you will probably remember the 80''s versions of this...renting a game and a gun for your tv-set. I''ve searched the web and found a few consumer-USB-guns, but I don''t have a clue as to whether additional hardware requirements apply, the costs involved, or if this is even possible with standard authoring like Director or flash. If not,- I''ll be searching for alternatives. Any help deeply appreciated and thanks in advance, Dave
Advertisement
As to how the gun interacts with the computer.. not sure about nowadays, but the last one I used (some considerable time ago) emulated a mouse (in the same way as a graphics tablet). ie As you point the gun at the screen... the mouse pointer moves around. When you fire the gun, it simulates a mouse click. I guess quite a lot of guns work like this, as that way they work with most games that you otherwise play with a mouse. I guess you need to look at the site of a manufacturer of one of the USB guns you are refering to, and get a few more specifics.
the way it used to work with the old nes games was that when you fired the screen would change for a split second to a sort of grid of different colours.

it would pick the colour and know where you were aiming.
-jonnii=========jon@voodooextreme.comwww.voodooextreme.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement