Dx8 bit blitting

Started by
1 comment, last by Mushu 20 years, 2 months ago
Okay - I''m trying to assign alpha values to a texture so that I can use alpha testing. I know you can do this with photoshop, however, I only have access to MS Paint to create my textures. Is there a Dx8 equivilent of bitblitting in Direct Draw 7 so that I can go through each pixel and assign it an alpha value? Or something of the sort? I haven''t been able to find any useful info, and don''t have access to the SDK. Thanks! "Yes... I use VB6. But my pong could whip you tetris''s blocks." Join Microsoft''s Guinea Pigs Research Panel Now! Click Here!
Advertisement
Do you need only one color to be transparent? If that''s the case you''re better off using D3DXCreateTextureFromFileEx and specifying the colorkey. I will set all transparent pixels to 0xff000000 and you can set your test to look for that.

If you meant more than one color for transparency I think you''ll have to check the bitmap manually.
quote:Original post by Zorbfish
Do you need only one color to be transparent? If that''s the case you''re better off using D3DXCreateTextureFromFileEx and specifying the colorkey. I will set all transparent pixels to 0xff000000 and you can set your test to look for that.

If you meant more than one color for transparency I think you''ll have to check the bitmap manually.

Actually, it sets the transparent pixels to 0x00000000. 0xFF000000 would be opaque black.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement